[comp.sys.amiga] LUCAS 881-020 sources .....

ULC@PSUVM.BITNET (11/04/88)

Hi there ... I know that quite a few people out there would be interested
to know where to purchase the chip set 68881-020 in both 12-16Mhz forms
as reasonably as possible. Is it allowable to request a survey from people
on the net ( ie. send me mail with your info ) or would this be against
net policy ( ie. advertising ) if I posted the results of such a survey???

 Would anyone in the know about net policy advise please???

                                                     Jason Twamley

  Ps. Im a numberjack and Im O.K
        I code all nite and I work all day...

jac@ssibbs.UUCP (James Crotinger) (11/09/88)

In article <59688ULC@PSUVM>, ULC@PSUVM.BITNET writes:
> Hi there ... I know that quite a few people out there would be interested
> to know where to purchase the chip set 68881-020 in both 12-16Mhz forms
> as reasonably as possible. Is it allowable to request a survey from people
> on the net ( ie. send me mail with your info ) or would this be against
> net policy ( ie. advertising ) if I posted the results of such a survey???

     Hamilton-Avnet makes a package called a "MC68020 Kit" which includes
a 16 MHz 68020, 68881, 68851, and a few support chips along with a bunch
of Motorola product info. I don't really know who they make this kit for
and they are not accustomed to selling it retail--they generaly seem to
only want to deal in quantity and via purchase order. Anyway, I convinced
them to sell me a kit last spring. Their price: $335.00. All I really wanted
was a 68881, but at that price I couldn't resist! 8-). I should mention that
the '851 which was in my kit is an XC part, which means it was produced
during the first year of production. Don't know if they changed anything
in the MC68851.

     I'm afraid I don't have their phone number around here anymore. I
got it when I called the local Motorola rep and asked if they sold any
sort of package for people who wanted to build 68020 homebrew projects.
He told me about H/A and gave me their phone number. I should mention
that I was very surprised when the package arrived. Big, nice, professional
looking package with a huge 3-ring binder of product info, the three
Motorola tech. reference manuals, and the chips. They must sell a lot of
these to warrant such a nice package, but to whom I have no idea?

>                                                      Jason Twamley

   Jim

--

                               Jim Crotinger