[comp.sys.amiga] What joystick to buy?

bruss@odin.ucsd.edu (Brian Russ) (11/08/88)

	Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I'd like some
suggestions on what joystick to get for playing arcade-style games.
Even better, where can I get it (mail order, or San Diego area store).
Thanks ...

Brian Russ
CSE Department, UC San Diego
..!sdcsvax!bruss

alh@hprmokg.HP.COM (Al Harrington) (11/10/88)

>	Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I'd like some
>suggestions on what joystick to get for playing arcade-style games.
>Even better, where can I get it (mail order, or San Diego area store).
>Thanks ...

Well, in my books nothing beats the good ole Atari joysticks -- the ones from
the 2600 days (what, those are still around??).  You can find them in almost
any toy store for around $7 or so.  I can't stand the new fangled ones....

>Brian Russ
>CSE Department, UC San Diego
>..!sdcsvax!bruss
>----------

+-----------------------------------------+---------------------------------+
| -Al Harrington            ________      |       Instant Guru BBS          |
|                           |__/\__|      |        (916) 457-7176           |
|                                         |     60 Megs - All Amiga!        |
| alh@hprmokg.HP.COM                      |     GT Net/Node  005/002        |
| ..ucbvax!ucdavis!csusac!athena!haringtn |   Baud: 1200/2400 Hours: 24     |
+-----------------------------------------+---------------------------------+
|                 All comments are *MINE* and *MINE* alone                  |

gmg@hcx.uucp (Greg M. Garner) (11/11/88)

In article <5498@sdcsvax.UCSD.EDU>, bruss@odin.ucsd.edu (Brian Russ) writes:

> 	Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I'd like some
> suggestions on what joystick to get for playing arcade-style games.
> Even better, where can I get it (mail order, or San Diego area store).
> Thanks ...
>

> Brian Russ
> CSE Department, UC San Diego
> ...!sdcsvax!bruss

I am very happy with my Wyco command control joystick. I have used this thing
since before the war (You, know back in the olden days of the C64, before
the civil war :-)  and after about 6 years of *HARD* use, it is still going
strong. Lyco Computers sells some joysticks, although they don't list
a command control. I seem to recall that they renamed the one I have to
a Boss, but I am not sure this is the case.

 I also have a joystick question for all you usenetters out there. Does
anyone have a joystick they would recommend that has the 4 way lockin
feature, so you can only point the joystick up/down/left/right and
not 45 degress inbetween? I need one of these for my wife, who likes
to play emerald mine with me, but she gets her little man stuck sometimes
when the stick goes to 45 degree point, causing her man to stop moving,
and BLAMMO. Any help out there?

 Greg Garner
 gmg@hcx.uucp    USENET:  ...!uunet!harris.cis.ksu.edu!hcx!gmg
 501-442-4847