[comp.sys.amiga] Animation Request/questions...

Dalamar@cup.portal.com (E H Mahler) (11/04/88)

  I read a little paragraph on Allen Hasting's "Rush Hour" animation.
Is this Public Domain? Was it VideoScape rendered? If so, I would like
to get ahold of the objects used.

  Also, does anyone out there have a good database of VS objects? I'm
trying to set up a good collection of "clip art" for company use...

						Thanks...
        -  E. Mahler - Animatics Imaging, Inc.  Lynchburg, Va  -
        - On Portal: Dalamar | Nat. E-Mail: Animatics Imaging  -
        - On UUCP/UseNet: ..!SUN!PORTAL!CUP.PORTAL.COM!DALAMAR -
        -     // Beware!      Always draw your curves then     -
        -   \X/ Amiga Addict!       plot the reading.          -

adh@well.UUCP (Allen D. Hastings) (11/07/88)

In article <10850@cup.portal.com> Dalamar@cup.portal.com (E H Mahler) writes:

>  I read a little paragraph on Allen Hasting's "Rush Hour" animation.
>Is this Public Domain? Was it VideoScape rendered? If so, I would like
>to get ahold of the objects used.
>
>        -  E. Mahler - Animatics Imaging, Inc.  Lynchburg, Va  -

    I created "Rush Hour" primarily for SIGGRAPH 88 in Atlanta (it was shown
at the conference last August) and it is not public domain.  The video was
single-frame recorded on tape and runs about two minutes.  It was rendered by
an experimental 3D program similar to VideoScape 3D 2.0 (actually most of the
scenes could have been done by VS3D 2.0 except for the hi-res black and white
segments and the texture mapping in Golden Gate Park).  The color segments
were created in 352x440 HAM mode.  The objects used were all constructed
using a early version of Aegis Modeler 3D, which I feel is the most powerful
object editor available for the Amiga (thank you Stuart Ferguson).  These
objects aren't being distributed yet but I am releasing several objects from
my previous films (like the Apache helicopters, "Arati" building, icebergs,
and haunted house).  Also, I may look into distributing "Rush Hour" on VHS if
enough people are interested.

                                        - Allen Hastings

pa1590@sdcc15.ucsd.edu (pa1590) (11/08/88)

In article <10850@cup.portal.com> Dalamar@cup.portal.com (E H Mahler) writes:

>  I read a little paragraph on Allen Hasting's "Rush Hour" animation.
>Is this Public Domain? Was it VideoScape rendered? If so, I would like
>to get ahold of the objects used.

"Rush Hour" was rendered using some new software Allen is currently
developing, NOT VideoScape. Allen recently signed an exclusive contract
with NewTek to develop software products on the Amiga.

>  Also, does anyone out there have a good database of VS objects? I'm
>trying to set up a good collection of "clip art" for company use...

I know Allen recently gave Aegis some new VS objects, which they
will be releasing soon. I'm not sure if they're PD or not.

--
Stephen Hartford
shartford@ucsd  SDAUG Hotline (619) 221-7168

jmdavis@ihlpm.ATT.COM (Davis) (11/12/88)

In article <7584@well.UUCP>, adh@well.UUCP (Allen D. Hastings) writes:
)
)     I created "Rush Hour" primarily for SIGGRAPH 88 in Atlanta (it was shown
) at the conference last August) and it is not public domain.  The video was
) single-frame recorded on tape and runs about two minutes.  It was rendered by
) an experimental 3D program similar to VideoScape 3D 2.0 (actually most of the
) scenes could have been done by VS3D 2.0 except for the hi-res black and white
) segments and the texture mapping in Golden Gate Park).  The color segments

So, should I wait for this "experimental 3D program" to come out or should
I get VS3D now?

) and haunted house).  Also, I may look into distributing "Rush Hour" on VHS if
) enough people are interested.

Count me in, it would make a great Amiga Promo tape.

)
)                                         - Allen Hastings

			Mike Davis ..!att!ihlpm!jmdavis

char*p="char*p=%c%s%c;main(){printf(p,34,p,34);}";main(){printf(p,34,p,34);}