[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga in print

paolucci@snll-arpagw.UUCP (Sam Paolucci) (11/10/88)

I just though you might like to know.

I just ran across an article in the September/October 1988 issue of
Computers in Physics where the Amiga is featured prominently.  The
title of the article is "3-D Amiga Images for the Physics Classroom"
by David M. McKintry from Eastern Washington University.

The article talks about how to use the Amiga for 3-D visualization in the
classroom.  In it there is also a small Amiga BASIC program that illustrates
how to generate Stereoscopic images.
--
					-+= SAM =+-
"the best things in life are free"

				ARPA: paolucci@snll-arpagw.llnl.gov

mjl@ut-emx.UUCP (Maurice LeBrun) (11/13/88)

In article <19@snll-arpagw.UUCP>, paolucci@snll-arpagw.UUCP (Sam Paolucci) writes:

> I just though you might like to know.
>
> I just ran across an article in the September/October 1988 issue of
> Computers in Physics where the Amiga is featured prominently.  The
...	[stuff deleted]

Another article of note in that issue is "Interaction of U(1) cosmic
strings: Numerical intercommutation" by Richard Matzner, in which the
3-d perspective color contour plots are screen shots off an Amiga.  He
doesn't mention that the plots were done on his Amiga until the end,
which is why you may have missed it.  His plots were done by sending
multiple contours from the remote host, changing the line color before
each one (using a hack to VT100 -- I think he is switching to VLT
since it is much better suited for this work, assuming he can coax the
remote gfx library routines to send the necessary Tek4105 commands).

Maurice LeBrun, Institute for Fusion Studies, University of Texas at Austin
  Internet: mjl@fusion.ph.utexas.edu      Phone: 512-442-7636 Home
     or	    mjl%uta.mfenet@nmfecc.arpa           512-471-6149 Work (ha!)
"If cows ate plankton, whales would starve"