[comp.sys.amiga] Roger Rabbit is here!

jms@antares.UUCP (joe smith) (11/14/88)

[I don't think this made it out the first time.]

In article <7481@well.UUCP> ewhac@well.UUCP (Leo 'Bols Ewhac' Schwab) writes:
>	The interesting part of all this is that John Toebes has, out of the
>kindness of his heart, helped us at Silent Software to meet a deadline with
>Disney and Amiga Roger Rabbit.

Yes, boys and girls, our friend Leo has his name up in lights.  Actually, he
is the second person listed in the openning credits under "Special Magic".

The Amiga version of Buena Vista's "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" arrived at
Priority One Computers in San Jose on Tuesday.  It comes on two disks and
requires an Amiga with 512K and a joystick.  After a long loading sequence,
the action takes off with Roger driving Benny the Cab heading toward the Ink
and Paint club.  You have to dodge cars on both sides of the street and avoid
puddles of Dip.  It takes a quick finger on the fire button to jump over these
hazards (or you can jump up and drive on the roofs of the buildings).

Once you get to the Ink and Paint club, you are asked to fill in the blanks
in a 'toonish phrase.  This is where the Gag Factory Catalog comes in handy.
Then Roger has to pick up all the pieces of paper on all the tables in the
club as the penguins keep replacing them.  Picking up a drink by mistake
produces the expected consequences.  You have to get all the papers before
the music stops, otherwise the gorilla comes and throw Roger out.

I haven't gotten to the Gag Factory yet due to running through puddles of
dip and getting bounced.  After five disasters, Roger goes home in shame.
The game exits to a black WorkBench with Tinkerbell as the mouse pointer.
The only complaint I have is that it takes so long to get going again.