[comp.sys.amiga] More 1.3's Problems?

brant@alberta.UUCP (Brant Coghlan) (11/14/88)

	I have just installed the release version of 1.3, and I have found
and interesting "bug".  Dave Wecker's VT100 V2.6 does not like Kickstart 1.3
on an A1000.  If I boot up with KS 1.3 and either WB 1.2 or 1.3, I get a task
held requester.  Using KS 1.2 and either WB 1.2 or WB 1.3 gives no trouble.
	What is happening here?  I thought that KS 1.3 only added autoboot
capability.  I would appreciate any guesses at why this happens.
-Brant

--
 Brant Coghlan	(career student)  (403) 487-3619     ...!alberta!brant
 Dept. of Comp. Science, 615 GSB, U of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

joe@cbmvax.UUCP (Joe O'Hara) (11/15/88)

In article <1825@pembina.UUCP> brant@pembina.UUCP (Brant Coghlan) writes:

>	I have just installed the release version of 1.3, and I have found
>and interesting "bug".  Dave Wecker's VT100 V2.6 does not like Kickstart 1.3
>on an A1000.  If I boot up with KS 1.3 and either WB 1.2 or 1.3, I get a task
>held requester.  Using KS 1.2 and either WB 1.2 or WB 1.3 gives no trouble.

Could you supply us with more information about (1) your system configuration
and (2) your vt100.init parameters? I'm using VT100 v2.6 even as I type on an
Amiga 2000 and just fired it up on an Amiga 1000 as well without any errors.
  Joe O'Hara                ||  Comments represent my own opinions,
  Commodore Electronics Ltd ||  not my employers. Any similarity to
  Software QA               ||  to any other opinions, living or dead,