[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga Pascal

L30CC@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU (11/11/88)

It appears I have to take more than Pascal class before I can graduate,
soooo I would like to know which is the best Amiga Pascal compiler available.
From what I can remember, it seems that there aren't any really good ones
available.  Is this true?  Will I be forced to use Xedit at 2400 baud for
another term?  HELP!!!

- krb -

Re: PASCAL for the Amiga ...

Believe it or not, the Metacomco PASCAL  >>> VERSION 2 <<<  is actually a
very decent product.

I haven't done any "real" PASCAL programming since the 70's, but fed some of
my old stuff into the compiler (be SURE to specify the switch for "extensions")
and everything compiled and executed just fine, even some programs that were
written in a highly-modified Stanford PASCAL.  To say the least, I was quite
pleasantly surprised.

If you want an ISO-compliant PASCAL with some nice extensions, check out this
product; be SURE to get VERSION 2.

Thad Floryan [thad@cup.portal.com (OR) ...!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!thad]

cs161agc@sdcc10.ucsd.EDU (John Schultz) (11/14/88)

In article <1713L30CC@CUNYVM> L30CC@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU writes:
>It appears I have to take more than Pascal class before I can graduate,
>From what I can remember, it seems that there aren't any really good ones
>available.  Is this true?
>- krb -

  If you can get away with it, use Modula-2 (successor to Pascal).
A really nice, fast, integrated system comes with the Benchmark M2
compiler from Avante Garde.  I've used it for almost a year and it
works well: no bugs, 10000-30000 lines per minute compilation...
There are a few pascal compilers out there (Pecan,Metacomco), but
don't know of anyone using them (but they are cheaper than M2
compilers).

  John

AXDRW%ALASKA.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (Don R. Withey) (11/15/88)

Does anyone out there have an address and phone number for Metacomco?  I have
the moldy ver 1.0 pascal (Actually Commodore Pascal... ;-)  So I can beg for
an upgrade of some type?
        Don