[comp.sys.amiga] PD Make for Amiga.

johnsen@daimi.dk (Henrik Johnsen) (11/01/88)

Can anyone help me ? I`ve got lattice C ver 3.03 + Update lib.
But i have some problems when I want to make larger programs, or when I am
trying to compile other people programs, because I don`t have the make facilit that you have in unix.

I have been told that there exists a Public-Domain  version of make.
So if anyone knows where I can get it, Please drop me a line.

Many Thanks
Henrik Johnsen
Aarhus Denmark

pds@quintus.uucp (Peter Schachte) (11/08/88)

In article <1723@daimi.dk> johnsen@daimi.dk (Henrik Johnsen) writes:
>I have been told that there exists a Public-Domain  version of make.
>So if anyone knows where I can get it, Please drop me a line.

There's one on a very early Fred Fish disk (2?). I've been using this
one for a while now, and it works fine, but misses many of the features
of the un*x make.  It also doesn't detect failure of a step in the make,
and continues blindly.  Does anyone have a better PD one?  I use Manx,
but got the cheapo package that doesn't include make.
-Peter Schachte				"Clean water?  I'm for clean water."
pds@quintus.uucp				-George Bush
..!sun!quintus!pds

lphillips@lpami.van-bc.UUCP (Larry Phillips) (11/17/88)

 >In article <1723@daimi.dk> johnsen@daimi.dk (Henrik Johnsen) writes:

 >>I have been told that there exists a Public-Domain  version of make.
 >>So if anyone knows where I can get it, Please drop me a line.
 >
 >There's one on a very early Fred Fish disk (2?). I've been using this
 >one for a while now, and it works fine, but misses many of the features
 >of the un*x make.  It also doesn't detect failure of a step in the make,
 >and continues blindly.  Does anyone have a better PD one?  I use Manx,
 >but got the cheapo package that doesn't include make.

There are makes on Fish 45 and 69, and a makemake on Fish 74. I am using
the one from 69 (I think), and it seems fully compatible with the Manx make.

-larry

--
"Intelligent CPU?  I thought you said Intel CPU!"
        -Anonymous IBM designer-