[comp.sys.amiga] Lattice 5.0 ... how much $$$

840445m@aucs.UUCP (Alan W. McKay) (11/17/88)

I have Lattice C 4.0x.  I have read on the net that the new 5.0
is now out.  I have read that it contains a debugger and some other
nice toys.   How much would it cost for me to update to 5.0?

I assume I just send in my update card along with said amount of
money and then just wait.  Do I have to send my original disks or
anything like that?

ncreed@ndsuvax.UUCP (W. Reed) (11/17/88)

In article <1373@aucs.UUCP> 840445m@aucs.UUCP (Alan W. McKay) writes:
>I have Lattice C 4.0x.  I have read on the net that the new 5.0
>is now out.  I have read that it contains a debugger and some other
>nice toys.   How much would it cost for me to update to 5.0?
>I assume I just send in my update card along with said amount of
>money and then just wait.  Do I have to send my original disks or
>anything like that?
The upgrade costs $75 for the 4.0 people.  It comes with 2 manuals.
All you do is send in your update card and the $$$ and in a few weeks
you get the upgrade.

I sure hope that they do a good job on the disks because last time I
upgraded, one of the disks had a hard error on it.  Frustration city.
They wouldn't even send the new disk out until I sent the old one back
so it took quite a while (~2 weeks) which is a long time to wait.

--
------  Walter Reed  ------   + uunet!ndsuvax!ncreed or ncreed@ndsuvax.BITNET
"There's no point in being    +      or ncreed@plains.NoDak.edu

#! rnews

nor1675@dsacg2.UUCP (Michael Figg) (11/18/88)

In article <1373@aucs.UUCP>, 840445m@aucs.UUCP (Alan W. McKay) writes:
> I have Lattice C 4.0x.  I have read on the net that the new 5.0
> is now out.  I have read that it contains a debugger and some other
> nice toys.   How much would it cost for me to update to 5.0?
>
> I assume I just send in my update card along with said amount of
> money and then just wait.  Do I have to send my original disks or
> anything like that?

Yes v5.0 is out and it sounds good. It is suppose to contain a source
level debugger simnilar to MicroSofts' CodeView (don't know if this is
good or not :-) ), an optimizer for either speed or executable size, and
the Lattice Companion package is also is included. The companion package
includes about 10 programming utilities including a Make utility and the
Lattice Screen Editor.

Cost for an upgrade from v4.0 is $75.00 and you just need to send in the
registered update card (and the money, they have to have that!)

--
"Better graphics with crayons"                 Michael Figg
					       DLA Systems Automation Center