[comp.sys.amiga] Dmouse not d'mouseing...

schwager@m.cs.uiuc.edu (11/20/88)

Excuse my ignorance, but I'm trying to get DMouse V 1.06 working on my
A500.  No problem, except I can't get the programmable command key to
work.  That is, I have this in my startup-sequence:
	dmouse -c2 -C
or perhaps I even have this:
	dmouse -c2 -C df1:bin/newcli con:0/10/620/75/ConCLI
And then after bootup, I hit the left-Amiga button and the Escape button
simultaneously, but nothing happens.  As I understand it, it should fire
up the newcli command (the newcli command is in df1:bin, by the way).
I've also got ConMan running, and in the DMouse docs there is a caveat-
but I can't get it to work even if I don't have ConMan going!!  How come
I can't get dmouse to work as advertised?  Is it just me?  Help, please,
fellow Amigites!
-Mike Schwager				schwager@a.cs.uiuc.edu
-- {uunet,convex,pur-ee}!uiucdcs!schwager   schwager%uiuc@csnet-relay.arpa
	University of Illinois, Dept. of Computer Science

kim@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com (Kim DeVaughn) (11/21/88)

In article <7200070@m.cs.uiuc.edu>, schwager@m.cs.uiuc.edu writes:

> Excuse my ignorance, but I'm trying to get DMouse V 1.06 working on my
> A500.  No problem, except I can't get the programmable command key to
> work.
>
> [ ... ]
>
> And then after bootup, I hit the left-Amiga button and the Escape button
> simultaneously, but nothing happens.

Yes.  This is an interesting "anomoly" DMouse has.  After a reboot, you
have to move the mouse a little bit before the "popup" feature will work
the 1st time.  poof!

/kim

P.S.  BTW, this is true on all versions up to and including v1.11.

--
UUCP:  kim@amdahl.amdahl.com
  or:  {sun,decwrl,hplabs,pyramid,uunet,oliveb,ames}!amdahl!kim