[comp.sys.amiga] MANX C transfer of ownership

840445m@aucs.UUCP (Alan W. McKay) (11/19/88)

I am thinking of purchasing MANX C from someone second hand.  I only want
to do this if I will be able to get regular upgrades from MANX.  Does anyone
know MANX's policy on transfer of ownership??

--
% Alan W. McKay     %                                             %
% Acadia University %   "I am a Jedi Knight,                      %

ranjit@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (That was Zen-this is Tao) (11/20/88)

When I bought a used 1000 with the Manx commercial system last
year, I wrote up a little summary of all the hardware and software
that I bought, and I and the person I bought it from both signed
the sheet.  I sent this list off to all the hardware and software
companies.  Even though the one year upgrade period had expired
on my Manx software, Manx sent me the 3.4b upgrade (with library
source) when I asked, because the previous owner had not bothered
to upgrade.  I would recommend this approach to anyone who buys
used hardware or software and wants to get appropriate support
from the manufacturer.

	- Ranjit

"Trespassers w"   ranjit@eniac.seas.upenn.edu	mailrus!eecae!netnews!eniac!...
If you throw a rock into the night and something barks, you know you hit a dog.

bjh@mtgzz.att.com (b.j.hudson) (11/22/88)

In article <1375@aucs.UUCP>, 840445m@aucs.UUCP (Alan W. McKay) writes:
> I am thinking of purchasing MANX C from someone second hand.  I only want
> to do this if I will be able to get regular upgrades from MANX.  Does anyone
> know MANX's policy on transfer of ownership??

I called MANX publishers and they said $75 to transfer owner of record.
You need the original manual.                 ...BJ

randy@bcsaic.UUCP (Randy Groves) (11/22/88)

In article <1375@aucs.UUCP> 840445m@aucs.UUCP (Alan W. McKay) writes:
>I am thinking of purchasing MANX C from someone second hand.  I only want
>to do this if I will be able to get regular upgrades from MANX.  Does anyone
>know MANX's policy on transfer of ownership??
>
>--
>% Alan W. McKay     %                                             %
>% Acadia University %   "I am a Jedi Knight,                      %
>% Wolfville N.S.    %             like my father before me."      %
>% CANADA            %                        - Luke Skywalker     %

You pay $25.00 for the privilege.  All it takes is a call and a credit card, and,
of course, the serial number of a valid copy.  I did this with a copy that I'd
purchased from a friend of mine, and was even able to get the upgrade from 3.4
to 3.6 and the SDB for only $50.00 (this was a while ago).

--
-randy groves - Boeing Advanced Technology Center
UUCP:	..!uw-beaver!uw-june!bcsaic!randy     USNail: Boeing Computer Services