robocop@netmbx.UUCP (Thorsten Ebers) (11/15/88)

There is a bug in the FFS.
To discover the bug try :
make 'Addbuffers dh0: 0'.
after that try info or something else.
Funny bug,eh.
thorsten

--
Thorsten Ebers                      Overseas:..pyramid!tmpmbx!netmbx!robocop
Goerresstr.20                       Europe  :..altger!tmpmbx!netmbx!robocop
1000 Berlin 41                      Germany :robocop@netmbx.UUCP
Germany           Phone:030/851 84 60

andy@cbmvax.UUCP (Andy Finkel) (11/17/88)

In article <1702@netmbx.UUCP> robocop@netmbx.UUCP (Thorsten Ebers) writes:
>There is a bug in the FFS.
>To discover the bug try :
>make 'Addbuffers dh0: 0'.
>after that try info or something else.

You must be using a hard disk controller other than a 2090, since
the DH0: partition is automounted by the 2090 as an old file system
partition.

I just tried Addbuffers fh0: 0 on my system, then did an info.

Nothing bad happened.  What was I supposed to see ?

Often, small details (like what setup you have and what you see happening
are often helpful)

--
andy finkel		{uunet|rutgers|amiga}!cbmvax!andy
Commodore-Amiga, Inc.

"Possibly this is a new usage of the word 'compatible' with which
 I was previously unfamiliar"

robocop@netmbx.UUCP (Thorsten Ebers) (11/22/88)

>You must be using a hard disk controller other than a 2090, since
>the DH0: partition is automounted by the 2090 as an old file system
>partition.

Yes.
In a german magazin (C'T.) there was an article where you can build an
Omti-Interface for the A1000/2000.If you interested with this article i can
send you copies pages.With that you can attach a st-506 hard disk to the
A1000.I have a Fujitsu hard disk(HD).
All tracks formatted with ffs.I cannot automount yet.

>I just tried Addbuffers fh0: 0 on my system, then did an info.
>
>Nothing bad happened.  What was I supposed to see ?

You should see a requester saying that you should insert the device 'HD:'.
I named my dh0: 'hd'.

>Often, small details (like what setup you have and what you see happening
>are often helpful)

I will keep that in mind.I can learn,so I can become a manager :-).

thorsten