[comp.sys.amiga] hp-paintjet <--> Digipaint II

marco@hpuamsa.UUCP (Marco Lesmeister) (11/18/88)

I'm having problems with connecting my hp paintjet to my Amy
and then using it from Digipaint II.

I used the driver from my 1.3 disk, and everything works alright
when I print something with f.i.:

copy df0:/s/startup-sequence to prt:

but Digipaint doesn't print the images to the paintjet.
I think my connection should be alright, because the file-print works
but the image-print just keeps my Amy waiting forever to finish.

Could someone help me with this?

Thanks,

Marco Lesmeister       |\    /|           Hewlett Packard
Coudenhoveflat 80      | \  / |           Startbaan 16
1422 VK Uithoorn       |  \/  |           1187 XR Amstelveen
Holland 02975-65878    |      |____       Holland 020-5476911

daves@hpcilzb.HP.COM (Dave Scroggins) (11/22/88)

Marco,

>I'm having problems with connecting my hp paintjet to my Amy
>and then using it from Digipaint II.

>but Digipaint doesn't print the images to the paintjet.
>I think my connection should be alright, because the file-print works
>but the image-print just keeps my Amy waiting forever to finish.

I have the exact same trouble with my hp DeskJet AND my Okimate-20.

Some things with Digipaint don't work if you don't have enough memory.
I suspect that is my problem. (Only 512K), but haven't been able to
get more memory to be sure YET.

This might be the problem.

Dave S.

andy@cbmvax.UUCP (Andy Finkel) (11/22/88)

In article <7880007@hpuamsa.UUCP> marco@hpuamsa.UUCP (Marco Lesmeister) writes:
>I'm having problems with connecting my hp paintjet to my Amy
>and then using it from Digipaint II.
>
>I used the driver from my 1.3 disk, and everything works alright
>when I print something with f.i.:
>
>copy df0:/s/startup-sequence to prt:
>
>but Digipaint doesn't print the images to the paintjet.
>I think my connection should be alright, because the file-print works
>but the image-print just keeps my Amy waiting forever to finish.

Check all your graphics settings in Preferences.  (all of them)
Your copy tested the connection, and the text mode, but nothing else.

Make sure your PaintJet driver is on the Workbench disk.
Make sure preferences printer setting is set to the HP.

And, check things like page size; make sure you are using the
same settings as under 1.2.

(you did boot from your Workbench disk when you fired up Digipaint II, right ?)

--
andy finkel		{uunet|rutgers|amiga}!cbmvax!andy
Commodore-Amiga, Inc.

"Possibly this is a new usage of the word 'compatible' with which
 I was previously unfamiliar"

daveb@cbmvax.UUCP (Dave Berezowski) (11/24/88)

In article <2030120@hpcilzb.HP.COM> daves@hpcilzb.HP.COM (Dave Scroggins) writes:
>Marco,
>
>>I'm having problems with connecting my hp paintjet to my Amy
>>and then using it from Digipaint II.
>
>>but Digipaint doesn't print the images to the paintjet.
>>I think my connection should be alright, because the file-print works
>>but the image-print just keeps my Amy waiting forever to finish.
>
>I have the exact same trouble with my hp DeskJet AND my Okimate-20.
>
>Some things with Digipaint don't work if you don't have enough memory.
>I suspect that is my problem. (Only 512K), but haven't been able to
>get more memory to be sure YET.
>
>This might be the problem.

	This is probably your exact problem.  The printer device does
return an error code signifying that there was not enough memory to
print but a lot of applications do not replay this information to the
user.  They simply don't print or do some other strange thing.  Get
some more memory and let us know what happens.

	David Berezowski