[comp.sys.amiga] Drawing Programs

hrlaser@pnet02.cts.com (Harv Laser) (07/13/88)

If you can find the issue#1 of AmigoTimes (Disk + Mag, cover price
US$8.95, released a couple weeks ago) I wrote a lengthy review of
IntroCAD.  For the money you can't beat it.  Version 2.0 (now available)
will even output in Aegis DrawPlus format which can be read/imported
directly by Professional Page (Gold Disk) and even by the upcoming
Modeler 3D (Aegis) which will take DrawPlus format files and turn
them into 3D objects for Videoscape which can THEN be turned into
3D objects for Sculpt, Turbo Silver, and others using Interchange
(Syndesis).  So IntroCAD is not only an excellent very intelligently
designed structured drawing package but becomes, via that channel,
a front end for 3D object design!!

If you need "layers" you're going to have to go with Draw Plus or one
of the other more expensive programs.  IntroCAD doesn't do layers.
Other than that it is VERY fast, capable, fun and easy to use.

Regards, Harv

Harv Laser, Sysop, The People/Link AmigaZone.  Plink: CBM*HARV
UUCP: {anybackbone}!gryphon!pnet02!hrlaser
INET: hrlaser@pnet02.cts.com

paolucci@snll-arpagw.UUCP (Sam Paolucci) (07/14/88)

In article <4826@gryphon.CTS.COM> hrlaser@pnet02.cts.com (Harv Laser) writes:
>If you can find the issue#1 of AmigoTimes (Disk + Mag, cover price
>US$8.95, released a couple weeks ago) I wrote a lengthy review of
>IntroCAD.  For the money you can't beat it.  Version 2.0 (now available)
>will even output in Aegis DrawPlus format which can be read/imported
>directly by Professional Page (Gold Disk) and even by the upcoming
>Modeler 3D (Aegis) which will take DrawPlus format files and turn
>them into 3D objects for Videoscape which can THEN be turned into
>3D objects for Sculpt, Turbo Silver, and others using Interchange
>(Syndesis).  So IntroCAD is not only an excellent very intelligently
>designed structured drawing package but becomes, via that channel,
>a front end for 3D object design!!
>
>If you need "layers" you're going to have to go with Draw Plus or one
>of the other more expensive programs.  IntroCAD doesn't do layers.
>Other than that it is VERY fast, capable, fun and easy to use.
>
>Regards, Harv
>
>Harv Laser, Sysop, The People/Link AmigaZone.  Plink: CBM*HARV
>UUCP: {anybackbone}!gryphon!pnet02!hrlaser
>INET: hrlaser@pnet02.cts.com

BUT DOES IT SUPPORT POSTSCRIPT!!!  Why isn't there still a program
like MacDraw on the Amiga after the machine being out for soo long?

					-+= SAM =+-

"the best things in life are free"

				ARPA: paolucci@snll-arpagw.llnl.gov

this is filler
this is filler
this is filler
this is filler
this is filler
this is filler
this is filler
this is filler
this is filler
this is filler

chris@AUSTIN.LOCKHEED.COM (Chris Wood) (11/24/88)

I am interested in buying a drawing program for my father
who just got his first computer, an Amiga 500.  I talked him
into it since I have had a 1000 for a couple of years now.

What I would like to know is if anybody on the net has any
experience with any of the inexpensive drawing packages out
there:
     Aegis DRAW
     B-Paint (Finally Technologies)
     Design 3D (Gold Disk)
     IntroCAD (Progressive Peripherals)
     mCAD (shareware)

or any other PD or commercially available package that is not
too expensive.  The anticipated use is for designing shop
projects and house modification plans.

Please Email responses.

By the Way, THANKS to Matt Dillon for his great software, and also
to Peter Da Silva, The guy in the cape, and many others...  Keep
up the good work.

Thanks,
Chris Wood