[comp.sys.amiga] The Three Stooges

zlhb0a@apctrc.uucp (Lawrence H. Brown) (11/28/88)

Help!!!!

I am playing the game "THE THREE STOOGES".

For those who have never played the game, the stooges
have to save dear old ma from the banker and repair the
orphanage, and if they are really successful they can
marry ma's 3 lovely daughters.

It is a really delightful game, but I need some help.
Some minor spoilers may follow this:

There are three (well, more) major games,
 the pie fight, the boxing match,
the doctors office, and the slap game.

The slap game is VERY critical to slow down moe's
hand (which selects what job you do each day.

The pie fight appears to be the most profitable game (?)

The Doctor game appears to be second most profitable

The boxing match seems to be a sure win if you can get
the pattern down, right?

There is a crackers game, too.  Fun but doesn't make money
unless you are a joystick expert.

MY BIG QUESTION IS THIS!!!

**************************
*  HOW MUCH MONEY DO     *
* YOU NEED TO MARRY MA'S *
* 3 DAUGHTERS!?!?!       *
**************************

I know you need $5000 to save
the orphanage and $10000 to fix it up, too.
Do you need $15000 to get it all plus the girls?

Is there any secrets y'all can share with me? Anyone!?

OK, here are the big ones that I've learned:

nyuk-nyuk-nyuk

Pie fight:

Moe's opponent is the fastest and toughest. Watch him.
Curlys is medium.
Larry's, the fat lady, is a great target & is slow.

Make sure you dodge the pies to get the double score.

Doctors:

Go full blast, except for the one bed that goes the
opposite way of you.  Slow down for it.

Boxing:

Memorize the route.  Get someone to help you.

Oysters:

Try and get the ones the oysters are grabbing.
Don't waste time though jumping from one side
of the bowl to the other, unless you can get a
few extra crackers on the way.  Each cracker
they eat lowers the total number of crackers
and thereby limits the number of bowls you get
before the oysters beat you to 'em.

Trivia:

Memorize the hint book.  Some questions aren't
covered in the book though.

Generally speaking, try to get a job before
taking a chance, and take a chance before
getting cash.

IF YOU ARE THE LEAST BIT FAST, SPEED-WISE,
ON MOE'S HAND, TAKE A SLAP-BREAK.  THIS
IS EXTREMELY CRITICAL!!!

------
Like I said, any help at all would
be appreciated.  Its 4am and I'm on my 4th
consecutive game....heelllllpp meeee!

"LETS SCRAM!"

    // You've heard of CATS, DOGS, & GOATS?  *NOW* TRY GERBILS!
   //   "Gladly Educating Real Beginners In Latest Software!"
\\//   Lawrence H. Brown       USENET: ...!uunet!apctrc!zlhb0a
 \/      (918-660-4389) USmail: 7325 E. 50th, Tulsa, OK 74145

In article <644@apctrc.UUCP> lbrown@apctrc.UUCP (Lawrence H. Brown) writes:
>I know you need $5000 to save
>the orphanage and $10000 to fix it up, too.
>Do you need $15000 to get it all plus the girls?

Nope, need more than $15880.00, that is my high score so far...
[gads I'm talking to myself]

This post was intended to help the other players, dummy!
Who you callin a dummy (smack-wack-doink)!
Sigh, its 4:35am, anyone seen my brain?