[comp.sys.amiga] Default CLI Size

detert@lognet2.arpa (CMS David K. Detert) (11/26/88)

Happy Thanksgiving!
Does anyone know a way to modify KickStart to set the default CLI size
to something other than full size using DiskZap or something similar???

BTW.  I just started using QMouse instead of DMouse and it doesn't have that
annoying bug of having to move the mouse before hitting the hot key (L-A/Esc).
It's also smaller, has a clock, timer controls, etc.  Anyone think of a reason
to go back to DMouse (I like it also, tks Matt)???

Dave  (CMSgt David K Detert)       ARPANet:  detert<at>lognet2.arpa

PS.  Just a little THANK YOU to Bob Page for getting some stuff in the
binaries group over the last several weeks, etc.  I hope this will
continue now that ULOWELL is back up.  Anyway the BADGE demos will make
it in the near future?????

page@swan.ulowell.edu (Bob Page) (11/28/88)

detert@lognet2.arpa (CMS David K. Detert) wrote:
>Does anyone know a way to modify KickStart to set the default CLI size
>to something other than full size using DiskZap or something similar???

Sure - look for the string CON:0/0/ (etc) on the kickstart disk - it's
in ASCII.  Simply change the values as you desire, then run SumKick to
re-checksum the kickstart disk.

..Bob
--
Bob Page, U of Lowell CS Dept.  page@swan.ulowell.edu  ulowell!page