[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga/2-1 Meg Starboard-II's crashing.

mike%eklektik.uucp%CERNVAX.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (11/29/88)

To:       amiga-relay@UDEL.EDU
Sender:   amiga-relay-request@UDEL.EDU

(Posted for a friend who does not have a net feed.  Please reply via email)

I'm currently running an Amiga 1000, with 2 floopies.  For some bizarre
reasons, I have 2 }iof Microbotic's StarBoard II's, with only 1 Meg each.
Independently, they both work fine.  Using one Starboard with another
device (I tried CLtd's SCSI Controller) both function flawlessly.  Also,
when I grounded my PAL's and ran their test program under 1.1 (where it
doesn't autoconfig) It only tested the lower 1 Meg, and added it fine (With
both boards attached).  Then I ran KS1.2 and it died on me.  I called
Microbotics and they told me to replace my PAL's.  Well, I have new pal's,
and it still didn't work.  Well, I asked Microbotics again and they gave me
Sme more stuff to try, none of ~.:it worked.
Basically, }ihas anyone else had this problem, or gotten a similar config-
uration t}io work?
Mike (the person posting this) suggested it (the board) was getting somehow
confused about what to do with the signals for the second meg, but no-one
can figure out how to fix it (Microbotics agreed it sounded likely and
tried to sell me the upper deck as a remedy!)  So, does anyone have any
solutions?

-----
If email bounces, just post to the net.  but TRY to send it to the second
address, as I c?Jeck there more often.
-----

--
                                      Mike "Sirius" Stilson
  _   /|    Bill | UUCP   : ...{ucbvax!uunet,sun!portal}!cup.portal.com!sirius

rminnich@super.ORG (Ronald G Minnich) (11/29/88)

In article <5705@louie.udel.EDU> mike%eklektik.uucp%CERNVAX.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu writes:
>To:       amiga-relay@UDEL.EDU
>Sender:   amiga-relay-request@UDEL.EDU
Well once again it appears that cunyvm is screwing up the amiga relay somehow.
Or someone else on bit-net.
I am only sending this message out as a pre-emptive strike at all the
people who will assume this is udel's fault.
Speaking as a future graduate of the grad. program, of course.
ron