[comp.sys.amiga] Garrison Game Support

brianr@tekig4.TEK.COM (Brian Rhodefer) (11/22/88)

One of the things I'd like to know is whether the creators of
Garrison ever intend to make the "medical kits" work:  They're
supposed to bestow 5000 Health Points, but they don't do anything.

cjp@antique.UUCP (Charles Poirier) (11/23/88)

The medical kits just bring you *up to* 5000 health if you are
below that level.  If you are above that, they do nothing.

--
	Charles Poirier   (decvax,ucbvax,mcnc,attmail)!vax135!cjp

   "Docking complete...       Docking complete...       Docking complete..."

donw@zehntel (Don White) (11/29/88)

>One of the things I'd like to know is whether the creators of
>Garrison ever intend to make the "medical kits" work:  They're
>supposed to bestow 5000 Health Points, but they don't do anything.

     The medical kits only bestow 5000 Health points of you only HAVE under
  (I think) 5000 points.  I think it says this in the manual or in the demo
  screens that cycle when you are waiting for high score to be displayed.

     BUT, I still need help with the crashing problem. Unfortunately, this
  is a boot up kind of game, so you have no chance to run NOFASTMEM.  What
  it really needs is to be recompiled for USA systems (i.e. non PAL systems)
  I wish I knew who to ask to try to get this done. It is A GOOD GAME!

  Don White
  Box 271177 Concord CA 94527-1177
  zehntel!donw

scott@attcan.UUCP (Scott MacQuarrie) (11/30/88)

In article <731@zehntel.UUCP>, donw@zehntel (Don White) writes:

>      BUT, I still need help with the crashing problem. Unfortunately, this
>   is a boot up kind of game, so you have no chance to run NOFASTMEM.  What
>   it really needs is to be recompiled for USA systems (i.e. non PAL systems)
>   I wish I knew who to ask to try to get this done. It is A GOOD GAME!

That's a little strange. I have a copy of garrison and I run on a US system
(I suppose I need you to define a US system - Do you mean power supply? -
Are there any other differences?) and I have yet to see the game crash.

Can you tell me a little more about your configuration? I'm running a fair
amount of hardware attached to mine, who knows, but I'd like to help.

Scott T. MacQuarrie
Senior Technical Consultant,
Toronto Branch, AT&T Canada Inc.
   ____   _______   _____   _______     -------
  / __ \ |__   __| /   _ \ |__   __|  -====------

Phone:      416-499-9400  (Direct: 756-5124)
MAIL:       3650 Victoria Park Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M2H 3P7
CompuServe: 73677,102
ATTMAIL:    !smacquarrie
UUCP:       uunet!attcan!scott

p.s. My opinions are my own.