[comp.sys.amiga] A2088 Bridgeboard and hard disk

holmes@dasys1.UUCP (David Holmes) (11/17/88)

  I am selling my A2088 Bridgeboard and an IBM card mounted hard disk.
The hard disk is a ruggedized Kyocera mounted on an OMTI RLL controller.
The hard disk has an average access time of around 60 ms. The way I have
it set now is with a 1:1 interleave. Neither the card nor the controller
seems to have any problem with this. The drive has auto park heads and an
operational shock rating of somewhere around 30g's (80g's non operational).
Anybody interested should contact me at (518) 372-5426 during office hours
(9:00 - 5:00 EST) or at (518) 372-0965 after around 6:00 p.m. EST. Oh yeah,
the price, I'm asking $750 for the pair. I'd rather sell them together but
would consider splitting them up. Both are less than a year old, and I will
ship UPS second day air to the lucky buyer.

--
David Holmes
323 Seward Place

William_Bill_Hirt@cup.portal.com (11/29/88)

	This is a request from a user on my BBS who has read access to Usenet,
but can not post. He was wondering if someone could post a sample mountlist
for a JH0: device under the FastFileSystem? He realizes he'd need to modify
it for his set-up, but would like to get his hands on one.

	Thanks

	William_Bill_Hirt@cup.portal.com

	Users: "The system is down." Operator: "Can't be, the lights are on."

manes@xanth.cs.odu.edu (Mark Manes) (12/01/88)

In article <11888@cup.portal.com> William_Bill_Hirt@cup.portal.com writes:

>	This is a request from a user on my BBS who has read access to Usenet,
>but can not post. He was wondering if someone could post a sample mountlist
>for a JH0: device under the FastFileSystem? He realizes he'd need to modify
>it for his set-up, but would like to get his hands on one.

It is my understanding under the current release of the Janus software, the
Fast File System is not supported on a hard disk that is on the PC side of
the 2000.  According to recent postings, this feature has been added to
the Janus 2.0 software (which is in testing)

Hope this helps...

>	Thanks

Your welcome.

>	William_Bill_Hirt@cup.portal.com
>
>	Users: "The system is down." Operator: "Can't be, the lights are on."

Mark D. Manes                                          "In Amiga We Trust"
Programmer of Fortune, have compiler will travel

"Only Amiga makes it Possible, but with 1 meg its hell!"