[comp.sys.amiga] SetKey

cosell@bbn.com (Bernie Cosell) (10/19/88)

In article <7868@gryphon.CTS.COM> hrlaser@pnet02.cts.com (Harv Laser) writes:
}
}There's a program out there called "SetKey" written by one Charles
}Carter ...  so he released it to the p/d.

  Any hints as to where it can be found?  Is it on a Fish disk somewhere?

   __
  /  )                              Bernie Cosell
 /--<  _  __  __   o _              BBN Sys & Tech, Cambridge, MA 02238
/___/_(<_/ (_/) )_(_(<_             cosell@bbn.com

hrlaser@pnet02.cts.com (Harv Laser) (10/21/88)

cosell@bbn.com (Bernie Cosell) writes:
>In article <7868@gryphon.CTS.COM> hrlaser@pnet02.cts.com (Harv Laser) writes:
>}
>}There's a program out there called "SetKey" written by one Charles
>}Carter ...  so he released it to the p/d.
>
>  Any hints as to where it can be found?  Is it on a Fish disk somewhere?

If it isn't on a Fish disk yet, it should be... like I said, it was
FORMERLY a comm'l program that the author released to "freely distributable"
status. We have it in the AmigaZone library on People/Link. I'd be
totally astonished if the other large national nets didn't have it too.

SetKey is a fantastic piece of work that was almost completely ignored
from the day Charles released it.  Maybe too many people just don't know
what keymaps are for, or that they CAN be customized.  For instance, my
F8 function key when tapped spits out 'DISKCOPY DF0: TO DF1:' at my
CLI prompt.  Other keys I've mapped CD me to different partitions on
my hard drive.  The possibilities are virtually unlimited.

Bob Page is on Plink and if he's moderating the c.s.a.binaries group
now perhaps he could be convinced it'd be a good idea to post SetKey
there, eh?

Harv Laser, Sysop, The People/Link AmigaZone.  Plink: CBM*HARV
UUCP: {ames!elroy, <backbone>}!gryphon!pnet02!hrlaser
INET: hrlaser@pnet02.cts.com
<---open            Push down while turning           close tightly--->

NU111414@NDSUVM1.BITNET (12/02/88)

  Hi, I am in need of a program which will allow me to remap the
keyboard.  I need to use the french keymap for a class project, but
don't like how it is set up.  I have the program setkey, but it gurus
with a dead end error in the exec library.  Any  and all help will
be appreciated.

                               Thank You,
                             Ryan Scott Harlicker