[comp.sys.amiga] Lattice 4.0

robert@trwind.TRW.COM (Robert W. Snyder) (08/12/87)

Can anyone tell me if Lattice has any upgrade program for developers?
If the 4.0 version also includes a new version for cross
development (IBM->Amiga) ?

Thanks in advance
Robert Snyder

jdow@gryphon.UUCP (08/15/87)

In article <164@trwind.TRW.COM> robert@trwind.UUCP (Robert W. Snyder) writes:

>Can anyone tell me if Lattice has any upgrade program for developers?
>If the 4.0 version also includes a new version for cross
>development (IBM->Amiga) ?
>
>Thanks in advance
>Robert Snyder

Lattice 4.0 is in early alpha testing justr now. I suspect that there will
be a reasonable upgrade policy. It may not be a cheap upgrade policy as it
is a major upgrade of the compiler with MANY new features. Among these is
a #pragma to directly access CAOS (Commodore Amiga Operating System) rather
than use a linkage library. I have not run across any conversation regarding
a cross development version of it. (At least on bix most developers who
cross develop are roundly jeered at. But what the hey - it CAN be faster on
a 16MHz (wash my mouth out) 386 machine.)

I'd suggest you call the Lattice BBS for more information. (Else <shameless
plug> hit bix's lattice vendor support conference amiga topic and ask
jtoebes or jmeissen yourself directly.
<@_@>
	jdow@bix
	jdow@gryphon.CTS.COM

In article <1230@gryphon.CTS.COM> jdow@gryphon.CTS.COM (Joanne Dow) writes:
>                                                        ... Among these is
> a #pragma to directly access CAOS (Commodore Amiga Operating System) rather
> than use a linkage library.

Oops, avoid confusion.  CAOS is the orignal operating system specification that
didn't come to pass.  It shouldn't be confused with exec or the AmigaDOS that
was completed.

huber@idca.tds.PHILIPS.nl (R Huber) (11/29/88)

I recently got the Lattice 4.0 disks.
What I want to know is what kind of options  I have to give to
LC and BLINK to compile and link a normal c-program.
(i.e. a testprogram with a few printf-statements and a couple of
  loops).

Should I include certain files in my program ?
I tried many options (whithout knowing what they meant)
but got ,after BLINK, "undefined symbol" kind of error-messages.

Please respond.

--

-->    Rene Huber                Internet : huber@idca.tds.philips.nl        <--
-->    Philips TDS Apeldoorn     UUCP     : ...!mcvax!philapd!huber          <--

jms@antares.UUCP (joe smith) (12/02/88)

In article <287@ssp18.idca.tds.philips.nl> huber@idca.tds.PHILIPS.nl (R Huber) writes:
->I recently got the Lattice 4.0 disks.
->What I want to know is what kind of options  I have to give to
->LC and BLINK to compile and link a normal c-program.
->(i.e. a testprogram with a few printf-statements and a couple of loops).
->    Rene Huber                Internet : huber@idca.tds.philips.nl        <--
->    Philips TDS Apeldoorn     UUCP     : ...!mcvax!philapd!huber          <--

Everything you need to run a simple program is explained on page 3-2 of the
Lattice AmigaDOS C Compiler: Programmers Reference Manual, under the
heading of "Your First C Program".  The disks come in an envelope in the
manual; didn't you get yours that way?
| TYMNET:JMS@F29  CA:"POPJ P,"  UUCP:{ames|pyramid}oliveb!tymix!antares!jms  |
| INTERNET: (Office-1.ARPA is no more)      PHONE:Joe Smith @ (408)922-6220  |