[comp.sys.amiga] Monitor cabling

jms@antares.UUCP (joe smith) (12/03/88)

In article <1577@teroach.UUCP> stan@teroach.UUCP (Stan Fisher) writes:
>Lyle, you stated your NEC multi-sync II works fine with interlaced.
>A friend of mine is trying to get a Magnovox multi-sync to work on her 2000,
>and the interlace looks like crap.  I don't know if the two monitors are close
>enough, but what did you do on your NEC to make it work, specifically,
>what is your cable pinout connecting the monitor?  I was told at COMDEX
>by a Commodore person that the cabling was the trick.

I don't know if this will help, but I had a problem when I hooked an Amigen
genlock between my 2000 and my 2002 monitor.  The screen rolled vertically
and horizontally - sync was all screwed up.  Then I noticed that the 23-pin
to 9-pin cable that came with the 2002 had no connections to pins 6, 8, and
9.  The new 9-pin to 9-pin cable that came with the Amigen had all 9 pins
connected, which means the monitor was picking up H-sync, V-sync, and C-sync
all at the same time.  So I took a pair of diagonal cutters and hacked off
pins 6, 8, and 9 at the male end of the cable.  Works fine.

Could be that the NEC messes up when more than composite-sync is provided.

| TYMNET:JMS@F29  CA:"POPJ P,"  UUCP:{ames|pyramid}oliveb!tymix!antares!jms  |
| INTERNET: (Office-1.ARPA is no more)      PHONE:Joe Smith @ (408)922-6220  |