[comp.sys.amiga] Kermit--Attention LATTICE users..

ari@cunixc.cc.columbia.edu (Ari Shamash) (12/09/88)

In article <9365@gryphon.COM> keithd@gryphon.COM (Keith Doyle) writes:

>True, Kermit can, but many specific implementations do not, usually do to
>bugs.  In particular, the last version of Amiga C-Kermit I've seen (though
>I'll admit it has been a while) drops a byte out of odd-byte-length files.

The new version of C-Kermit (version 4E(070)) has been released about a
month ago.  This new version, as I understand, fixes such problems.
I have the source code for it, but I can't compile it, since parts of it
seem to be Lattice specific (for one thing, it has a Lattice "makefile" and
tries to include files that I couldn't find in Aztec).  If any Lattice
owner is willing (or should I say, who has time?!) to spare the time to
compile it, I'll mail the source.

Any offers?

BTW, if anybody with access to anonymous FTP wants to download it, kermit
is available from:  cunixc.cc.columbia.edu (128.59.40.130).  The sources
are up to date, but the Amiga Kermit binaries are outdated (version 4D).

Ari

--
BITNET:   ari@cunixc.bitnet                  Ya know, all science,
Internet: ari@cunixc.cc.columbia.edu           no philosophy..