[comp.sys.amiga] C= RIP-OFFs in Europe, WAS RE: Support from CBM Netherlands

bspgru09@lan.informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de (Betriebssystem-Praktikum) (12/09/88)

SUBJECT: C= RIP-OFFs in Europe, Re: Support from CBM in The Netherlands ]-(

   A TALE HOW TO MAKE FAST MONEY BY SELLING BANANAS
   A TALE ABOUT THOSE WHO BOUGHT TOO SOON & ARE NOW REALLY HAPPY ABOUT IT

-- HEAVY FLAME ON  ---

>In article <71585@neabbs.UUCP> amichel@neabbs.UUCP (MICHEL LANGEREIS) writes:
>: This flame is not supposed to offend anybody except those people
>: who represent C= - Amiga in The Netherlands
>It's the same problem here in Germany. They are selling enough C64/128 and
>PC's so why should they care about the Amiga. Have a look in any of the
>German Amiga Magazines, most Articles and Answers to Questions are just
>stupid !  And C= Germany doesn't care !
>So I don't wonder that Atari is leading here :-(
Perfectly True, B U T , ATARI's Support is equal to Commodores (=none, zero)

>Maybe someday they (C= Germany) will learn their lesson, as C= (US) already
>has. But that's just a dream.        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some C= Users here have learned their lesson:
Bought the A1000 for 3000$, half a year later it was 2000$ then
1500$ now 800$. ($ as 2 Marks). A lesson worth to learn!
They paid the developments costs & bought the trouble.

Of course the freaks had their fun, but that's the only group beside graphix-
gurus, who had.
C= said: 'a ye people there it is the real professional multitasking demon,
the A1000, it's reallllllllll professional' yeah professional

-
A real professional file-system it was at release 1.1.
Now 1.3 is there,
it is now as fast as MS-DOS ? NO of course not , they changed almost nothing.
a few caching thats all.
( I mention the standard configuration 512kB 2 drives, thats what the majority
has here) -> real professional
- Even at 1.3 i can format 3.5" disks without error, a disks which
  is rejected from MS-DOS format with a bunch of errors. -> real professional
- And then those A2000A Users, who bought the 'expandablest machine in all
  times' , ye now they even can't switch to UNIX ->real professional
- GURUS GURUS GURUS ,
  No wonder those users went out & connected a sidecar, thats the part of the
  amiga they are using most. (;-( )
- And then the story about the 'professional DTP on Amy'
- The story about the AT-Card which is now there and costs as much as a clone.
  ( & runs at 8 Mhz real fast, real professional)
- (a jump) ah there's an ARCHIMEDES there A DREAM MACHINE  just another on
  the grave of dead computers (QL,SPECTRUM,ACORN.....)
.
.

CONCLUSION:
~~~~~~~~~~~
!! The first models of a machine are a real rip-off never buy that stuff !!!
!! TOO EXPENSIVE, TOO BUGGY!!!
( An A500 is now a good buy, cause it's cheap there's better software,etc.)
!! If they announce something, be sure it never appears.
( I remember that 1st Amiga-BYTE Article with the list of software for amy,
  including turbo-pascal)

I am a freak , i like the amiga, but telling those 'amiga is professional'-
story's to users, who don't want to spend time, trouble, money is a RIP-OFF C=!!

I know some who said' let's try something other than ibm, give it a chance.
Half a year later they sold their amy or have bought a sidecar.
( They 've learned the lesson)

So thats what i'm actual doing with my amy:
- BBS-ing, VT100-Emulation
- Game playing
- Text work with Word-Perfect (the only professional program on Amy)

Well if i want to do something professional be sure,i'll take an IBM-Clone.
( Is cheaper than any amiga-expansion )

& NEXT TIME i'll be ready, when they announce the A5000 in a few years,
the computer who can sing, make squaredance or whatsoever, and tell those
sweet lies,  my ears will be deaf.
~~~~~
( REMARK: THE ABOVE COMMENTS ARE ONLY VALID FOR C= Europe, !NOT! FOR C= USA.)
                                                           ~~~~~
      C= PRICE POLICY IN FRG AT THE BEGINNING WAS EXTREME
      C= SUPPORT POLICY FOR A2000A Users is NOW EXTREME ('buy a 2000B, user!')
         WHAT EXTREME THINGS ARE TO COME ???

  SO C= WHAT ABOUT FAIRNESS TO USERS ???
                            TO SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS ???
		     ( THEY HAD ENORMOUS DIFFICULTIES AT THE BEGINNING,I BET !)

--- HEAVY FLAME OFF ---

& now  the positive things about amy:
           ~~~~~~~~
- the real good Public-Domain Software
  ( Without Matt Dillions Shell & VT100,i'd have sold my Amy )
- the >spirit< of the amiga-scene
- the real good games
  ( Interceptor, Jet, Marble Madness, Star-glider II)

* BYE & LET'S HOPE THE SUPPORT WILL GET BETTER , some time , some day *

peter@sugar.uu.net (Peter da Silva) (12/11/88)

In article <443@infovax.lan.informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de>, bspgru09@lan.informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de (Betriebssystem-Praktikum) writes:
> Bought the A1000 for 3000$, half a year later it was 2000$ then
> 1500$ now 800$. ($ as 2 Marks). A lesson worth to learn!

I presume you've never bought a new car. When you drive it off the lot
you can kiss about 20% of the purchase price goodbye. Cars, computers,
and other consumer goods are not investments. A lesson worth learning.
--
		    Peter da Silva  `-_-'  peter@sugar.uu.net
		     Have you hugged  U  your wolf today?

	          Disclaimer: My typos are my own damn busines#!rne