[comp.sys.amiga] Project D

vkr@osupyr.mast.ohio-state.edu (Vidhyanath K. Rao) (12/05/88)

Since `Project D' came up here some time ago, I thought that I would
bring up this question: The ads for this in AmigaWorld talk about
`copying MSDOS/GEM' format disks. Do they mean that they copy MSDOS disks
to Amiga disks or do they mean that it will create copies of MSDOS disks
(with the output being another MSDOS disk)?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Yes, I know about PCUtils and DOS2DOS.

						Nath
					vkr@osupyr.mast.ohio-state.edu

dedina@cup.portal.com (Michael J Dedina) (12/06/88)

Project D will copy MS/DOS to MS/DOS.  It will NOT copy MS/DOS to Amiga.
It will also duplicate Atari ST, Xenix, and CP/M format disks.
		dedina@cup.portal.com

martens@dinghy.cis.ohio-state.edu (Jeff Martens) (12/07/88)

In article <12196@cup.portal.com> dedina@cup.portal.com (Michael J Dedina) writes:
>Project D will copy MS/DOS to MS/DOS.  It will NOT copy MS/DOS to Amiga.
>It will also duplicate Atari ST, Xenix, and CP/M format disks.
>		dedina@cup.portal.com

So, can we assume that Project D is for copying disks but not for
reading disks of different formats?  What I'd really like to do is
read CP/M (Kaypro 4) disks, but I can get by on MS-DOS.

dedina@cup.portal.com (Michael J Dedina) (12/11/88)

>>Project D will copy MS/DOS to MS/DOS.  It will NOT copy MS/DOS to Amiga.
>>It will also duplicate Atari ST, Xenix, and CP/M format disks.
>>		dedina@cup.portal.com

>So, can we assume that Project D is for copying disks but not for
>reading disks of different formats?  What I'd really like to do is
>read CP/M (Kaypro 4) disks, but I can get by on MS-DOS

That is correct.  Project D will only copy disks of different formats; it will
not transfer them into AmigaDos format.  It would be nice if they would add
that capability.
                 dedina@cup.portal.com