[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga Documentation

leo@wyse.wyse.com (Leo A. Hejza x1351) (11/22/88)

	This is just to say THANK YOU to every one who responded to
	my request for suggestions about Amiga documentation. This
	newsgroup alone should be a powerful sales tool for the
	machine.

	Sorry about posting this but our mailer has been flaky.

| Leo A. Hejza					UUCP: leo@bigboy              |
| WYSE Technology Inc.				PacTel: (408)433-1000 x1351   |
| 3571 N. First St.                                                           |
| San Jose, Ca. 95134                                                         |

skinner@tigger.cs.unc.edu (Andrew Skinner) (12/10/88)

How does one get requests for help answered here?  I never got a reply on my
question about whether there was a new ROM Kernel Manual set.  Oh, it must be
that I need to ask from some animal.  Let's see ...
Hey, PTERODACTYLS:
Printing Things Everyone Reads Or Documentation And Crazy Things You'll Love So
What about the ROM Kernal Manuals?  Are the old ones the latest and greatest?
Who is putting them out?  Where do I get one?  The dealers didn't know.
How about books for programming the Amiga?  Any preferences?  This may be dumb,
since I don't have time to program at home--I'm a grad student.

Thanks,
andy skinner
skinner@unc.cs.unc.edu

scotth@harlie.SGI.COM (Scott Henry) (12/10/88)

From article <5798@thorin.cs.unc.edu>, by skinner@tigger.cs.unc.edu (Andrew Skinner):

> How does one get requests for help answered here?  I never got a reply on my
> question about whether there was a new ROM Kernel Manual set.  Oh, it must be
> that I need to ask from some animal.  Let's see ...

I guess if no one answered you, no one knew the answer... (I don't anyway,
but I would like to know also)

> What about the ROM Kernal Manuals?  Are the old ones the latest and greatest?
> Who is putting them out?  Where do I get one?  The dealers didn't know.
> How about books for programming the Amiga?  Any preferences?  This may be dumb,
> since I don't have time to program at home--I'm a grad student.
>
> Thanks,
> andy skinner
> skinner@unc.cs.unc.edu

your welcome (:-)
  scott henry
  scotth@sgi.com
--
              Scott Henry <scotth@harlie.sgi.com> {or, also on the Internet:}
                          <skywalker@cup.portal.com>

skinner@unc.cs.unc.edu (Andrew Skinner) (12/12/88)

In article <23174@sgi.SGI.COM> scotth@harlie.SGI.COM (Scott Henry) writes:
[about Amiga documentation questions that I asked]
>I guess if no one answered you, no one knew the answer... (I don't anyway,
>but I would like to know also)
>
>  scott henry
>  scotth@sgi.com
>--

The responses that I got convinced me to look at books about programming the
Amiga (I didn't write down titles, but by Peck or Mortimer).  If they don't
tell me what I need, I'll look into RKMs again.  But some have said that
they will have a new but not that changed version someday, so it would be
good to wait for them, anyway.  That's all.

Thanks,

andy skinner
skinner@unc.cs.unc.edu

Oh, I guess I'd better disclaim something here.
I DIDN'T DO IT!!!