[comp.sys.amiga] Starglider II backup?

sneakers@heimat.UUCP (Dan "Sneakers" Schein) (12/02/88)

In Message <1298@leah.Albany.Edu>, jac423@leah.Albany.Edu (Julius A Cisek) writes:

>In article <26966@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU>, mitchell@janus.berkeley.edu (Evan Mitchell) writes:
>> I just bought Starglider II.  It appears to be a great game but...
>> does anybody know how to make a backup copy of it?
>
>One  way  that  works is to find an ST user with a Happy enhanced drive.
>It'll copy ANY 3.5" disk including Macintosh.

 Hmmmmm.....

   I wonder if a Messy-DOS machine with one of those CopyII-PC boards and a
   3.5" drive would work. The manual claims it can copy Mac & Amiga disks.

   Anyone have access to one for testing?

--
Dan "Sneakers" Schein          {pyramid|rutgers|uunet}!cbmvax!heimat!sneakers
Sneakers Computing

  Call: BERKS AMIGA BBS - 60+ Megs - 24 Hrs - 3/12/2400 Baud - 215/678-7691

MSPINNER@POLYGRAF.BITNET (12/14/88)

I happen to own a Central Software Deluxe Option board which claims to be
able to copy *virtually* any disk, include IBM, Apple MAC, Atari and even
Amiga.  To be honest - I can't copy everything *sigh*, and in fact some
Amiga copy protection schemes do wonders to the system (the disk drive gets
stuck in an infinite loop on the protected block :-( ... )  So, you have
to check what scheme is used before you can assume it can copy it.  Oh well.
I guess what I need is Project_D ... anybody have any info on it that makes
it better than Raw Copy (and how to get Project_D program - much appreciated)

Caio!
  Mitch Spinner
               Polytechnic University
  MSPINNER@POLYGRAF.BITNET

Disclaimer: I don't need no stinkin' .sig  ...