[comp.sys.amiga] Lattice 5.0 *does* work just fine

rayz@koko.UUCP (Ray Zarling) (12/13/88)

Re:  My posting last week that I couldn't get Lattice C 5.0 to run from
my LC: directory...

Thanks to everyone who replied.  This is especially for a few of you who
said you were having the same problem--

I finally traced the problem to an old v1.1 copy of Run in my C: directory
(no, I have no idea why everything else was either Arp or 1.2!).  As you
may recall, v1.1 had no AmigaDos Path, so naturally Run v1.1 didn't check
it.  Evidently, the lc program uses the Execute() function to dispatch the
various compiler pieces, and Execute() makes use of c:Run.  After upgrading
my c:Run, the compiler works fine!

The problem never came up before, because I usually use a version of Matt
Dillon's shell, which has its own path searching, so I have been able to
ignore AmigaDos' path.

--Ray Zarling
  ...uunet!csustan!rayz

lindwall@sdsu.UUCP (John Lindwall) (12/14/88)

In article <869@koko.UUCP>, rayz@koko.UUCP (Ray Zarling) writes:

> I finally traced the problem to an old v1.1 copy of Run in my C: directory
> --Ray Zarling

Sounds like you would have benefitted from the use of a program called
SysCheck.  It scans the files on your WorkBench and figures out if they are
the latest (ie 1.3) version.  It checks for the existence of 96 files and
reports that the file is either: current, missing, or old.  Some files are
not checked like fonts and preferences settings.  It can be useful.

It was written by the C64 guru Jim Butterfield, and I got my copy off of a
local BBS (The MouseTrap 619-462-3975).

I realize this news is too late for you, Ray, but maybe others will find this
program a life saver.

John Lindwall
SDSU Graduate ... 2 days and counting!
Return path? Uhh.. john.lindwall@sandiego.ncr.com	(????)