[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga Ad Contest

limonce@pilot.njin.net (Tom Limoncelli) (12/15/88)

In article <19559@ames.arc.nasa.gov> mike@ames.arc.nasa.gov (Mike Smithwick) writes:

> About a year ago, I proposed to BAADGE (awright, BADGE) and FAUG that we
> have a 'Design an Ad Contest'. I even sent email to Paul Higginbottom (sp?)
> and he said "Cute, but getawayfromme. . .".
>
> Even without any interest from
> Amiga-Commodore, I still think it might be fun to have the contest
> considering the numbers of creative people and tools out there.
>
> 			   *** mike (starship janitor) smithwick ***

I can see it now... (David Letterman-style #define MODE DREAM_TIME
screen fade into:)

Pan down to Bill Gates in front of an Amiga 500.  In his absolute best
Joe Isuzu voice/style/dress:  "Hi!  I'm Bill Isuzu for the new Amiga
500.  Did you know that it is possible to multitask with less than 4 meg?"

(Zoom into screen running CygnusED while compiling with Manx's Aztec C
while playing Amoeba Invaders.)

(Back to Bill; he knocks on the case of the A500.)
"We just had to use smaller bytes."

(Caption on the bottom of the screen: "For a man that used to write in
8080 machine code we can't figure out where his brain has been recently.")

-Tom

P.S.  Disclaimer:  This was in no way intended to start a law-suit
between Bill Gates and I.
--
   Tom Limoncelli   Drew University    Madison NJ    201-408-5389
       tlimonce@drunivac.Bitnet          limonce@pilot.njin.net