[comp.sys.amiga] hitting control C with ARP causes crash

lai@vedge.UUCP (David Lai) (12/14/88)

Ever since I had ARP installed (I also have dmouse), when I hit
a control C, I get a requester saying user abort, but nomatter which
choice is selected, the computer gurus.  Am I doing something wrong?
1.2 OS with updated ARP 1.1, A2000, 2M ram.

If needed I can supply more details but it happens very often, and can
be duplicated.
--
	"What is a DJ if he can't scratch?"  - Uncle Jamms Army
The views expressed are those of the author, and not of Visual Edge, nor Usenet.

In article <2252@vedge.UUCP> (David Lai) writes:
>Ever since I had ARP installed (I also have dmouse), when I hit
>a control C, I get a requester saying user abort, but nomatter which
>choice is selected, the computer gurus.  Am I doing something wrong?
>1.2 OS with updated ARP 1.1, A2000, 2M ram.
>David Lai (vedge!lai@larry.mcrcim.mcgill.edu || ...watmath!onfcanim!vedge!lai)

This is what makes software support a real pain. The problem you
describe is one that was documented for the Lattice C compiler version
4.0, version 4.01 fixed this. Essentially, the bug was in the Lattice
4.0 library routine that put up the "Abort requested" requester.
Get the 4.01 update and recompile your programs. Or get 5.0 and recompile
your programs. This has absolutely _nothing_ to do with ARP.

--Chuck McManis

ncreed@ndsuvax.UUCP (W. Reed) (12/17/88)

In article <2252@vedge.UUCP> lai@vedge.UUCP (David Lai) writes:
>Ever since I had ARP installed (I also have dmouse), when I hit
>a control C, I get a requester saying user abort, but nomatter which
>choice is selected, the computer gurus.  Am I doing something wrong?
No, you are not.

You have run into the lattice 4.0 bug.  It was fixed in 4.01, but any
program that uses the standard 4.0 libraries for break handling
are broken.  One thing to check,  is the first character of the program
name chopped off?  If so, it IS the lattice bug for sure.

(BTW, the requester is for lattice only.)

--
------  Walter Reed  ------   + uunet!ndsuvax!ncreed or ncreed@ndsuvax.BITNET
"There's no point in being    +      or ncreed@plains.NoDak.edu