[comp.sys.amiga] New chip set

bennete@romana.cs.orst.edu (Erik J. Bennett) (12/16/88)

Could some kind soul clue me in on the fabled "new chip set?"  What are
they? What sorts of performance increase will there be?

-Erik
bennete@romana.cs.orst.edu

jdow@gryphon.COM (J. Dow) (12/19/88)

In article <7940@orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU> bennete@romana.cs.orst.edu (Erik J. Bennett) writes:
>Could some kind soul clue me in on the fabled "new chip set?"  What are
>they? What sorts of performance increase will there be?

Zip... Except that you get new features. If that is what you mean by performance
you get compatability with the new Hedley technology, lots of new WB capability
that idles until 1.4 comes, and 1meg of CHIP. THAT alone is worth the price.

--
Sometimes a bird in the hand leaves a sticky deposit.
Perhaps it were best it remain there in the bush with the other one.

{@_@}
	jdow@bix (where else?)		Sometimes the dragon wins. Sometimes
	jdow@gryphon.CTS.COM		the knight. Does the fair maiden ever
	{backbone}!gryphon!jdow		win? Surely both the knight and dragon
					stink. Maybe the maiden should suicide?
					Better yet - she should get an Amiga and
					quit playing with dragons and knights.