[comp.sys.amiga] Connect your CD-Player to your Amiga

amichel@neabbs.UUCP (MICHEL LANGEREIS) (12/16/88)

This is what I saw in one of the computer papers here, Computer Info,
a sort of magazine like a newspaper.
The magazine is good and prof. and CBM sometimes have adds in it . .  .

If you want the original article on paper, I'll Fax it to you.
Just drop a sheet on my Fax.

	    * Took this one without permission *
Source: Computer Info Volume 2 Issue 17 ( Sala Communications )

CD-PLAYER EASY CONNECTING TO THE AMIGA

The Amiga will soon have the possibility to make use of your CD-Player.
A simple cable and some software will be enough.
With this the Amiga will have a stronger market position soon.
The Amiga is really going now, also the sales of Amiga other models
are going better as expected. For example, *ALL* medical stores are going
to work with A500's + CD-ROM in Januari 1989. This new storage medium
will also be availble for the A2000 very soon. In Januari there will be
several CD-Discs introduced to the public, there's at least 140Mb of
information per disk stored. Just a simple cable to the Amiga and there
you are. At the beginning Commodore expect many CD-Games but at the middle
of the next year they expect also other programs availble on CD.
The C128 is also doing very well, they sell for around $500.-.
Also the C64 sales are still rising, at the last quarter of this year
they expect to sell something around 16.000 machines wich means double
against the sales of last quarter last year.

So who thinks this machine is almost dead is at the wrong end.

Anybody knows anything about this on the net ?

/__________________________________________________________________ /|
---UUCP: ...!mcvax!telmail!neabbs!amichel__________________________|/|
--2wire: +31 (0)20-6684919_________________________________________|/|
---Late: +31 (0)2990-37757_________________________________________|/|
--Paper: +31 (0)20-742506__________________________________________|/|
___________________________________________________________________|/|
These opinions are mine, bad spelling performed on a PC without OS.|/|
-------------------------------------------------------------------|/

lee@sed170.HAC.COM (John Lee ) (12/22/88)

In article <77050@neabbs.UUCP> amichel@neabbs.UUCP (MICHEL LANGEREIS) writes:

>This is what I saw in one of the computer papers here, Computer Info,
>a sort of magazine like a newspaper.
>The magazine is good and prof. and CBM sometimes have adds in it . .  .
[...]
>	    * Took this one without permission *
>Source: Computer Info Volume 2 Issue 17 ( Sala Communications )
>
>CD-PLAYER EASY CONNECTING TO THE AMIGA
[...]
>information per disk stored. Just a simple cable to the Amiga and there
				     ^^^^^^ ^^^^^
>you are. At the beginning Commodore expect many CD-Games but at the middle
[...]
>/__________________________________________________________________ /|
>---UUCP: ...!mcvax!telmail!neabbs!amichel__________________________|/|
>--2wire: +31 (0)20-6684919_________________________________________|/|
>---Late: +31 (0)2990-37757_________________________________________|/|
>--Paper: +31 (0)20-742506__________________________________________|/|
>___________________________________________________________________|/|
>These opinions are mine, bad spelling performed on a PC without OS.|/|
>-------------------------------------------------------------------|/

Just a simple cable?  To where?  To a SCSI controller card?  But then
this would require that the CD drive have extra H/W to make it look like
a SCSI device.  I suppose that it could connect to the external disk
expansion port, but then the CD drive will have to have extra hardware
to make it look like a floppy.  And about that simple software...simple
if the CD has the extra hardware.  Oh well.

Actually, I've been waiting for this for a while.  I'm surprise no one
has come out with one earlier.

(Yes, but can it play my Star Tracks CD?)
Raining CATS and DOGS?  Join the RATS: Remote Amiga Teleconferencing System
	+--------+			John Lee
	| HUGHES |
	+--------+			ARPAnet: jhlee@hac2arpa.hac.com
	Hughes Aircraft Company
The above opinions are those of the user and not of those of this machine.