[comp.sys.amiga] Diskcopy 1.3

detert@lognet2.arpa (CMS David K. Detert) (12/23/88)

In article  <1171@tank.uchicago.edu>, ed@zaphod.uchicago.edu (Ed Friedman)
writes:
>Although 1.3 ~{eems like an improved operating system, I was very
>disappointed in the change to the diskcopy command.  It now states that
>you can only use this command from the WorkBench.  Is there any way to
>perform a diskcopy from a CLI or a shell?  It is a real pain to be
>working on a CLI window (with no WorkBench loaded), and decide that I
>w{ant to copy a disk.  To add insult to injury, when I start up the workbench
>and try to diskcopy, it seems to do it all on just the internal floppy
>drive, even though I have an external floppy drive attached.  Am I missing
>something here?
>
>Ed Friedman

I use diskcopy from the CLI (Shell) all the time.  I simply placed a path
to the system directory in my startup-sequence.  I also tested moving
diskcopy to the c directory and that worked as well.  I expect you've
either have a bad copy or are doing something wrong.  Have you checked
the syntax - diskcopy df0: to df1:?  I think the "to" is needed, but
I haven't tried it without it.

BTW.  My copy shows 18392 bytes and a 24 Nov 88 date when using the list
command.

Hopes this helps!  Dave

CMSgt David K Detert            ARPANet:  detert<at>lognet2.arpa