[comp.sys.amiga] Sidecar questions.

clayton@amc.UUCP (Clayton Johnson) (01/21/87)

- Line Eater Bait -

     I've noticed that there hasn't been any recent info in this
group about the Sidecar. I don't have any hard info on it. Is anyone
out here using a Sidecar with their Amiga, who would like to provide
a review on it?
     Some of the things I'm interested in is using it for HD storage,
and memory expansion.

	Thanx in advance.

--
Clayton Johnson    (ihnp4!uw-beaver!tikal!amc!jon)
Applied Microsystems Corp.

"You've been leading a dog's life, stay off of the
furniture." -- fortune

francis@hslrswi.UUCP ( Francis Demierre) (12/12/88)

Hi everybody out there !

  I own an A1000 + Sidecar and have a Tandon 21 Meg Hard-card on the sidcar
  side.  The Hard-card was divided in two partions: a 10 Meg for the Amiga
  (made with ADISK) and another 10 Meg for the Sidecar (Made with FDISK).
  (I used ADISK and FDISK provided on the DOS 2.11 disk received with the
   sidecar).

  Now, a couple of questions:

  1. In the WorkBench for Amiga 1060, there is an utility to allocate the
     parallel port to the sidecar (which is a very good idea).
     Does anybody know if there is an equivalent for the serial port ?
     (I do not want to buy a COM: card to use my modem from the sidecar !)

  2. I still use the WorkBench 1.2 (33.47) + the sidecar software that is
     labelled 'Test version'.

     ( For documentation, see Amiga 1060 Sidecar User's manual, appendices
       C & D )

     The sidecar documentation claims that, after having activated the janus
     expansion 'bindrivers' and mounted the 'JF:' device that is provided in
     the mountlist,  it is possible to read and write to Sidecar drives.

     The moutlist entry is:

          JF:      Handler = JF-Handler
                   StackSize = 700
                   BuffMemType = 3
          #

     Then, read or write files on the Sidecar drives (floppy's) using a syntax
     like (for example):

     Amiga->Sidecar:    copy df0:file JF:x:file
     Sidecar->Amiga:    copy JF:x:file df0:file
     Sidecar->Sidecar:  copy JF:x:file JF:y:file

     ('x' is a mistery, is it JF:A:, JF:B:, JF:C:, etc... ? or JF:0:, JF:1: ? )

     I never got this working !
     After some research, I found that the handler mentionned in the
     mountlist entry (Handler = JF-Handler) does not exist on the
     provided WorkBench floppy disk.

     Does anybody know where I could get this 'JF-Handler' ?

     Or do you know any other way to read/write 'Sidcar drives/IBM format
     files' from the AmigaDos ?
     (new WorkBench with new utilities ? )

     NB: The access to the AMIGA partition JH0: works perfectly after the
         'JH0:' device is mounted with 'DJMount'.

  3. Do you know where I can find a description/specification of the dual
     port RAM interface used to communicated with the Sidecar ?

  4. Lock-up !
     Sometime, when I try to access the AMIGA JH0: drive ('dir', 'copy', 'type',
     or anything that accesses the JH0: disk), everything is locked up, mouse
     pointer Zzz...Zzz.., system freezed.
     Only way to get out, reboot !

     Does anybody know what is happening ?

Ok, folks ! I know there are a lot of questions !

I would be very grateful if somebody could spend some time to answer these.

Please, post your answers directly to me (and to this news group if you think
it is of public interest).

Thanks in advance !      :-)

Francis.

+- - - - - - - - -+- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - +
+ Please, forgive +  Francis Demierre, Rte de l'Eglise 11,                   +
+ my english !    +  1752 Villars-sur-Glane, Switzerland. Phn: +41 37 411079 +
+ My mother tongue+  Bitnet: francis%hslrswi.UUCP@cernvax.BITNET             +
+ is french !     +  Uucp: {uunet,ukc,mcvax...}!cernvax!hslrswi!francis      +
+- - - - - - - - -+- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - +
+ Sometime, questions might look silly but remember: if people ask them      +
+ it's, most of the time, because they don't know the answer !               +
+ Sometime ANSWERS look silly but remember that you perhaps don't know the   +
+ whole story !                                                              +
+- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - +

manes@xanth.cs.odu.edu (Mark Manes) (12/16/88)

In article <863@hslrswi.UUCP> francis@hslrswi.UUCP ( Francis Demierre) writes:

>  I own an A1000 + Sidecar and have a Tandon 21 Meg Hard-card on the sidcar
>  side.  The Hard-card was divided in two partions: a 10 Meg for the Amiga
>  (made with ADISK) and another 10 Meg for the Sidecar (Made with FDISK).
>  (I used ADISK and FDISK provided on the DOS 2.11 disk received with the
>   sidecar).
>
>  Now, a couple of questions:
>
>  1. In the WorkBench for Amiga 1060, there is an utility to allocate the
>     parallel port to the sidecar (which is a very good idea).
>     Does anybody know if there is an equivalent for the serial port ?
>     (I do not want to buy a COM: card to use my modem from the sidecar !)

No, I do not believe it is possible (currently) to access the Amiga serial
port from the Bridgecard (Sidecar).  Go out and spend that $20 on a serial
port for the PC.

>  2. I still use the WorkBench 1.2 (33.47) + the sidecar software that is
>     labelled 'Test version'.

I noticed when I installed my software for the Bridgecard, that there was
installation for the Sidecar.  My disk says nothing of demo.  I suspect
it is a  good idea to go back to your dealer that you bought the Sidecar
from and ask for a update to the software.

>     The sidecar documentation claims that, after having activated the janus
>     expansion 'bindrivers' and mounted the 'JF:' device that is provided in
>     the mountlist,  it is possible to read and write to Sidecar drives.
>
>     The moutlist entry is:
>
>          JF:      Handler = JF-Handler
>                   StackSize = 700
>                   BuffMemType = 3
>          #
>
>     Then, read or write files on the Sidecar drives (floppy's) using a syntax
>     like (for example):
>
>     Amiga->Sidecar:    copy df0:file JF:x:file
>     Sidecar->Amiga:    copy JF:x:file df0:file
>     Sidecar->Sidecar:  copy JF:x:file JF:y:file

I think you need to read the documentation on AREAD and AWRITE.

>     Or do you know any other way to read/write 'Sidcar drives/IBM format
>     files' from the AmigaDos ?
>     (new WorkBench with new utilities ? )

I was less than pleased with AREAD and AWRITE they work, but... I bought
Dos-2-Dos from Central Coast Software and I am pleased like a bug in the
rug.

>  3. Do you know where I can find a description/specification of the dual
>     port RAM interface used to communicated with the Sidecar ?

No.

>  4. Lock-up !
>     Sometime, when I try to access the AMIGA JH0: drive ('dir', 'copy', 'type',
>     or anything that accesses the JH0: disk), everything is locked up, mouse
>     pointer Zzz...Zzz.., system freezed.
>     Only way to get out, reboot !

Try to get the newer software.

>Francis.
>
>+- - - - - - - - -+- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - +
>+ Please, forgive +  Francis Demierre, Rte de l'Eglise 11,                   +
>+ my english !    +  1752 Villars-sur-Glane, Switzerland. Phn: +41 37 411079 +
>+ My mother tongue+  Bitnet: francis%hslrswi.UUCP@cernvax.BITNET             +
>+ is french !     +  Uucp: {uunet,ukc,mcvax...}!cernvax!hslrswi!francis      +
>+- - - - - - - - -+- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - +
>+ Sometime, questions might look silly but remember: if people ask them      +
>+ it's, most of the time, because they don't know the answer !               +
>+ Sometime ANSWERS look silly but remember that you perhaps don't know the   +
>+ whole story !                                                              +
>+- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - +

Mark D. Manes                                          "In Amiga We Trust"
Programmer of Fortune, have compiler will travel

"Only Amiga makes it Possible, but with 1 meg its hell!"

big.t@netmbx.UUCP (Thomas L.) (12/17/88)

In article <863@hslrswi.UUCP> francis@hslrswi.UUCP ( Francis Demierre) asked
some questions about the Amiga 100 & Sidecar:

>  1. [ How to allocate the Amiga's serial port to the Sidecar ]
>  2. [ How to use the Sidecar Drive from the Amiga ]
>  3. Do you know where I can find a description/specification of the dual
>     port RAM interface used to communicated with the Sidecar ?
>  4. Lock-up !
>     Sometime, when I try to access the AMIGA JH0: drive,
>     everything is locked up, mouse pointer Zzz...Zzz.., system freezed.
>     Only way to get out, reboot !
>     Does anybody know what is happening ?
>
>Ok, folks ! I know there are a lot of questions !

I have right the same problems like Francis, but one more :

How can I access Amiga's df0: or df1: from the Sidecar ? I want to write
on the Amiga-Drives with Amiga's file system. Ok, you'll say, just use
AWRITE and AREAD. But these progs are a bit buggy: So when I want to copy
a whole 360KB-Disk from the Sidecar to the Amiga, I have to give AWRITE the
whole path; *.* does not work. And another 'bug' is there in AWRITE:
I can't use AWRITE DUMMY.BAT DF0:  . It will always give me an error-message.

Can anybody help me out with this ?

--
Thomas Lamy                    DOMAIN :  big.t@netmbx.UUCP
Schoenburgstrasse 23           Europe :  ...!altger!tmpmbx!netmbx!big.t

sneakers@heimat.UUCP (Dan "Sneakers" Schein) (12/17/88)

In Message <863@hslrswi.UUCP>, francis@hslrswi.UUCP ( Francis Demierre) writes:

>Hi everybody out there !

 Hello to everyone in there!

>  I own an A1000 + Sidecar and have a Tandon 21 Meg Hard-card on the sidcar
>  side.  The Hard-card was divided in two partions: a 10 Meg for the Amiga
>  (made with ADISK) and another 10 Meg for the Sidecar (Made with FDISK).
>  (I used ADISK and FDISK provided on the DOS 2.11 disk received with the
>   sidecar).

   Dos 2.11 !?!?  Wow you must have bought the very first one ever made :-)

>  Now, a couple of questions:
>
>  1. In the WorkBench for Amiga 1060, there is an utility to allocate the
>     parallel port to the sidecar (which is a very good idea).
>     Does anybody know if there is an equivalent for the serial port ?
>     (I do not want to buy a COM: card to use my modem from the sidecar !)

   Currently there is no way to do this. Your best bet is to spend the <$50
   and just pop in a serial card.

>  2. I still use the WorkBench 1.2 (33.47) + the sidecar software that is
>     labelled 'Test version'.

   [description of problem deleted]

   Your best bet is to throw your software out and pop on down to your local
   dealer for a copy of the BridgeBoard software. Either study the manual or
   buy a copy from CBM and install the new stuff. You will gain the ability
   to read/write files between OS's (Aread & Awrite) plus alot more.

   Warning:

   Im not sure if its legal for your dealer to give you a copy of the software.
   So maybe an official CBM type (John Campbell ?!?) could tell us the official
   CBM method of obtaining this software.

>  3. Do you know where I can find a description/specification of the dual
>     port RAM interface used to communicated with the Sidecar ?

   Was there some discussion of this at the 88 Developers Conference (and in
   the notes)?  Thats the only place I know any info. might be.....

>  4. Lock-up !
>     Sometime, when I try to access the AMIGA JH0: drive ('dir', 'copy', 'type',
>     or anything that accesses the JH0: disk), everything is locked up, mouse
>     pointer Zzz...Zzz.., system freezed.
>     Only way to get out, reboot !

   See #2 above.

--
Dan "Sneakers" Schein          {pyramid|rutgers|uunet}!cbmvax!heimat!sneakers
Sneakers Computing

  Call: BERKS AMIGA BBS - 60+ Megs - 24 Hrs - 3/12/2400 Baud - 215/678-7691

francis@hslrswi.UUCP ( Francis Demierre) (12/20/88)

I would like to thank all the people who answered my questions about my
problems with the Sidecar.

This is a summary of the questions and my comments to the received answers:
( This is rather long (149 lines), so, if you are not interested, press 'n'
  key now ! )

In article <863@hslrswi.UUCP> I wrote:

 [ some text deleted ]
> 1. In the WorkBench for Amiga 1060, there is an utility to allocate the
>    parallel port to the sidecar  [...]
>    Does anybody know if there is an equivalent for the serial port ?
> 2. I still use the WorkBench 1.2 (33.47) + the sidecar software that is
>    labelled 'Test version'.
>    The sidecar documentation claims that, after having activated the janus
>    expansion [...] it is possible to read and write to Sidecar drives.
 [...]
>    using a syntax like (for example):
>    Amiga->Sidecar:    copy df0:file JF:x:file
>    Sidecar->Amiga:    copy JF:x:file df0:file
>    Sidecar->Sidecar:  copy JF:x:file JF:y:file
 [...]
>    I never got this working !
 [...]
>    (Handler = JF-Handler) does not exist on the
>    Does anybody know where I could get this 'JF-Handler' ?
>    Or do you know any other way to read/write 'Sidcar drives/IBM format
>    files' from the AmigaDos ?
>    (new WorkBench with new utilities ? )
 [...]
> 3. Do you know where I can find a description/specification of the dual
>    port RAM interface used to communicated with the Sidecar ?
> 4. Lock-up !
>    Sometime, when I try to access the AMIGA JH0: drive [...] everything
>    is locked up, mouse pointer Zzz...Zzz.., system freezed.
 [...]
>    Does anybody know what is happening ?
 [ some deleted text ]

Now the answer and my comments:

Answer to question 1:
=====================

I do not quote the answers here, but the conclusion is that I have to buy a
serial card.    Sigh.....

Answer to question 2:
=====================

In article <6867@xanth.cs.odu.edu> Mark D. Manes says:

>  I think you need to read the documentation on AREAD and AWRITE.
>  I was less than pleased with AREAD and AWRITE they work, but... I bought
>  Dos-2-Dos from Central Coast Software and I am pleased like a bug in the
>  rug.

a) To read the documentation, I should have it, and believe me, here in
   Switzerland at my local dealer place, it's very difficult to get either
   the doccuments or the software updates.
b) As far as I know, the Dos2Dos is only writing to 5.25" floppy disks and
   I do not have the 5.25" Amiga floppy drive, only the one on the Sidecar.
   ( And only accessible [read: 'not accessible' ] thru the dual port ram. )
   If it is able to write to 3.5" floppy, it is then still required to copy
   the floppy to the DOS partition of my hard disk. A lot of unnecessary work !

and in article <5044.AA5044@heimat> Dan Schein says:

>  Your best bet is to throw your software out and pop on down to your local
>  dealer for a copy of the BridgeBoard software. Either study the manual or
>  buy a copy from CBM and install the new stuff. You will gain the ability
>  to read/write files between OS's (Aread & Awrite) plus alot more.
>  Warning:
>  Im not sure if its legal for your dealer to give you a copy of the software.
>  So maybe an official CBM type (John Campbell ?!?) could tell us the official
>  CBM method of obtaining this software.

When I went to my dealer and asked about the JF-Handler, he did not understand
what I wanted. I think he believed that I was talking about a new game, he
probably understood 'JF Lander' :-)
After a long explanation, he promissed to call Commodore rep. in Switzerland.
When I went back to him, he said: "CBM told me that 'JF-handler' is not part
of the sidecar workbench, you have to buy it separately."

What !!!  8-()

I buy the Sidecar ( 1790.- Sfr !!! ) because it gives me I*M compatibility
and allow me to exchange data on floppies { the doc says that ;-) } and now
I have to pay more to get this thing which should be part of my worbench !?!
My conclusion: The poor dealer did not understand what I wanted or I have
               been ripped off ! Anyway, I won't get it ! :-(

[ Begin of flames to CBM Switzerland ]
  By the way, if you are reading this at CBM USA, I would just let you know
  how useless CBM Swizerland is ! My first computer was an C=64 and now the
  Amiga 1000. Every time I go to my dealer to ask something, I hear "Sorry
  Sir, I do not know. Try CBM perhaps ???" and when I call CBM Switzerland:
  "Soory Sir, we do not talk to you directly, go back to your dealer !
   [click...tuuut...tuuut...tuuut]"
  Both the C=64 (at its time) and the Amiga are great machines, Ahh ! If
  CBM Switzerland could be as user friendly as these machines !
[ End of flames ]

Answer to question 3:
=====================

in article <5044.AA5044@heimat> Dan Schein says:

>  Was there some discussion of this at the 88 Developers Conference (and in
>  the notes)?  Thats the only place I know any info. might be.....

Here, there is another point I cannot understand: Why is it so difficult to
get the docs.
I.e.: Why cant we get the Workbench source code ?
      Why cant we get the 'Hydra bios' source code (Sidecar) ?
      Why cant we get the Kickstart source code ?
Do you think this question is silly ?
Other manufacturesr do provide this kind of info (IBM BIOS listings)
even CBM released it for the C=64 (BASIC interpreter ROM listing, C=1541
floppy drive controller source code, etc...)
To be fair I also have to say that the released books are very nice (ROM
Kernel manual, Intution Manual, Hardware Manual, Library and Devices Manual,
Developpers manual, etc....)

Answer to question 4:
=====================

In article <6867@xanth.cs.odu.edu> Mark D. Manes says:

>  Try to get the newer software.

in article <5044.AA5044@heimat> Dan Schein says:

>  See #2 above.

My comment is the flames written under point 3 above.

More on this subject ?

           +- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - +
           +  Francis Demierre,                                   +
           +  Bitnet: francis%hslrswi.UUCP@cernvax.BITNET         +
           +  UUcp: {uunet,ukc,mcvax...}!cernvax!hslrswi!francis  +
           +  M400: demierre@sba.kom.hasler                       +
           +- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - +

manes@xanth.cs.odu.edu (Mark Manes) (12/23/88)

In article <871@hslrswi.UUCP> francis@hslrswi.UUCP ( Francis Demierre) writes:

>I would like to thank all the people who answered my questions about my
>problems with the Sidecar.

Lots of stuff deleted...
>Now the answer and my [editor note: drivel] comments:
>
>Answer to question 1:
>=====================
>
>I do not quote the answers here, but the conclusion is that I have to buy a
>serial card.    Sigh.....
>
>Answer to question 2:
>=====================
>
>In article <6867@xanth.cs.odu.edu> Mark D. Manes says:
>
>>  I think you need to read the documentation on AREAD and AWRITE.
>>  I was less than pleased with AREAD and AWRITE they work, but... I bought
>>  Dos-2-Dos from Central Coast Software and I am pleased like a bug in the
>>  rug.
>
>a) To read the documentation, I should have it, and believe me, here in
>   Switzerland at my local dealer place, it's very difficult to get either
>   the doccuments or the software updates.

I do not think that the AREAD / AWRITE software was made available for the
Sidecar.  (I could be wrong here), I do know it is there in the Bridgecard
software.  I told you to ask for Bridgecard software.  I would never be silly
enough to tell you to ask a salesman for a copy of "JF-handler", that would
be a waste of time.

>b) As far as I know, the Dos2Dos is only writing to 5.25" floppy disks and
>   I do not have the 5.25" Amiga floppy drive, only the one on the Sidecar.
>   ( And only accessible [read: 'not accessible' ] thru the dual port ram. )
>   If it is able to write to 3.5" floppy, it is then still required to copy
>   the floppy to the DOS partition of my hard disk. A lot of unnecessary work !

I told you also, that Dos-2-Dos will do *EXACTLY* what you wish to do.  I
bought it to do the task of AREAD/AWRITE.  It does not require a 5.25 disk.
It will load and run on the Amiga side and allow you to connect to a PC
virtual disk (ie JLINK).  It works very nicely and is not hard.  Well, at
least for me.

>and in article <5044.AA5044@heimat> Dan Schein says:
>
>>  Your best bet is to throw your software out and pop on down to your local
>>  dealer for a copy of the BridgeBoard software. Either study the manual or
>>  buy a copy from CBM and install the new stuff. You will gain the ability
>>  to read/write files between OS's (Aread & Awrite) plus alot more.
>>  Warning:
>>  Im not sure if its legal for your dealer to give you a copy of the software.
>>  So maybe an official CBM type (John Campbell ?!?) could tell us the official
>>  CBM method of obtaining this software.
>
>When I went to my dealer and asked about the JF-Handler, he did not understand
                                              ^^^^^^^^^^
What is a JF-Handler?  It is now called the Janus-handler, and it is NOT the
name of the product!  It is called BridgeBoard software, try that.  In order
for a dealer to answer a question intelligently, he must be asked a intelligent
question.

>what I wanted. I think he believed that I was talking about a new game, he
>probably understood 'JF Lander' :-)
>After a long explanation, he promissed to call Commodore rep. in Switzerland.
>When I went back to him, he said: "CBM told me that 'JF-handler' is not part
>of the sidecar workbench, you have to buy it separately."
>
>What !!!  8-()
>
>I buy the Sidecar ( 1790.- Sfr !!! ) because it gives me I*M compatibility
>and allow me to exchange data on floppies { the doc says that ;-) } and now
>I have to pay more to get this thing which should be part of my worbench !?!
>My conclusion: The poor dealer did not understand what I wanted or I have
>               been ripped off ! Anyway, I won't get it ! :-(
>

>[ Begin of flames to CBM Switzerland ]
>  By the way, if you are reading this at CBM USA, I would just let you know
>  how useless CBM Swizerland is ! My first computer was an C=64 and now the
>  Amiga 1000. Every time I go to my dealer to ask something, I hear "Sorry
>  Sir, I do not know. Try CBM perhaps ???" and when I call CBM Switzerland:
>  "Soory Sir, we do not talk to you directly, go back to your dealer !
>   [click...tuuut...tuuut...tuuut]"
>  Both the C=64 (at its time) and the Amiga are great machines, Ahh ! If
>  CBM Switzerland could be as user friendly as these machines !
>[ End of flames ]

Considering this posting, I dont blame them.>

>Answer to question 3:
>=====================
>
>in article <5044.AA5044@heimat> Dan Schein says:
>
>>  Was there some discussion of this at the 88 Developers Conference (and in
>>  the notes)?  Thats the only place I know any info. might be.....
>
>Here, there is another point I cannot understand: Why is it so difficult to
>get the docs.
>I.e.: Why cant we get the Workbench source code ?

Because fools would change it.

>      Why cant we get the 'Hydra bios' source code (Sidecar) ?

What is Hydra?  Ah, the water bios... I see
.
>      Why cant we get the Kickstart source code ?

You mean you did not get this with your amiga???  Gosh, I got a copy.

>Do you think this question is silly ?

Extremely.
>Other manufacturesr do provide this kind of info (IBM BIOS listings)

Where do you get a source code listing of copyrighted IBM bios?

>even CBM released it for the C=64 (BASIC interpreter ROM listing, C=1541
>floppy drive controller source code, etc...)
>To be fair I also have to say that the released books are very nice (ROM
>Kernel manual, Intution Manual, Hardware Manual, Library and Devices Manual,
>Developpers manual, etc....)
>
>Answer to question 4:
>=====================
>
>In article <6867@xanth.cs.odu.edu> Mark D. Manes says:
>
>>  Try to get the newer software.
>
>in article <5044.AA5044@heimat> Dan Schein says:
>
>>  See #2 above.
>
>My comment is the flames written under point 3 above.
>
>More on this subject ?

Hopefully not.

andy@cbmvax.UUCP (Andy Finkel) (12/24/88)

In article <871@hslrswi.UUCP> francis@hslrswi.UUCP ( Francis Demierre) writes:
>Now the answer and my comments:
>
>When I went to my dealer and asked about the JF-Handler, he did not understand
>what I wanted. I think he believed that I was talking about a new game, he
>probably understood 'JF Lander' :-)
>After a long explanation, he promissed to call Commodore rep. in Switzerland.
>When I went back to him, he said: "CBM told me that 'JF-handler' is not part
>of the sidecar workbench, you have to buy it separately."

JF-Handler is not a supported part of the current Sidecar/Bridgecard
software.  Basically is was an attempt to allow the Amiga access
to the IBM disk.  Turned out there was no way to make that kind
of low-level shared access to the disk safe on the PC side without
an extensive BIOS rewrite.  So in the next software release the
JF-Handler was dropped, and replaced with the aread and awrite programs.

You really do need a software update; both on your Sidecar specific utilities
and probably your version of MS-DOS.  (Since when the Sidecar first
shipped, we were using MSDOS2.11)
--
andy finkel		{uunet|rutgers|amiga}!cbmvax!andy
Commodore-Amiga, Inc.

"Possibly this is a new usage of the word 'compatible' with which
 I was previously unfamiliar"