[comp.sys.amiga] "game" idea for genlock

beldavsa@silver.bacs.indiana.edu (12/20/88)

Yesterday while watching hours of obnoxious Bon Jovi (etc..) videos
on MTV just to catch a few small clips of The Who (Who Sunday - hah!),
I came up with a (possibly?) ingenious idea for the Amiga.
Would it be feasible to get one of those "light guns" attached
to an amiga with a genlock, so that one could shoot at things he/she
finds annoying on the screen?  Each time you point at an a Jon Bon Jovi
(or whoever) on TV, and click the trigger, a scream is heard (created
by the Amiga of course), and an bullet hole appears on the characters
body (created by the Amiga's genlocked graphics of course), while
blood shoots out(again, by Amiga).  You could "throw" a knife, or a shuriken at
 the screen with the gun as well (and it would stick into the appropriate
 body part).  If one wanted it to stay in place, a control could be
made so that the knife or whatever is moved around with the characters
body (by with the lightgun).  Also a permanent hole in the glass
of the tv screen (no, not a real one, an Amiga one) could be
an option...(it dissapears when the program goes off, or whatever).

Is this possible?

I don't know about the majority of net.readers, but I would find
this kind of thing VERY enjoyable!

Sorry if this is offensive to anybody.

Thanks!
--
Zintars

me128-aw@kepler.Berkeley.EDU (me128 student) (12/24/88)

In article <36400019@silver> beldavsa@silver.bacs.indiana.edu writes:

>Would it be feasible to get one of those "light guns" attached
>to an amiga with a genlock, so that one could shoot at things...
>body (by with the lightgun).  Also a permanent hole in the glass
>of the tv screen (no, not a real one, an Amiga one) could be

GREAT idea!!  Not only is it possible, but quite easy to do.  If I
had a genlock I'd write you the code right now!

-Vincent H. Lee