[comp.sys.amiga] Elite!

agollum@engr.uky.edu (Kenneth Herron) (12/16/88)

The other day I happened to be in one of our local computer dealers, and
over with the Atari ST titles, sat a copy of ELITE!  After determining
that it was, indeed, for that other computer, drooling over it, moaning
a little, etc., I asked the store owner if he'd heard about an Amiga
version.  Naturally he didn't know, but by calling Rainbird software
in California I am pleased to announce that Elite will be out for the Amiga
around the middle of next month!

Just thought you'd like to know,
Kenneth Herron

PS: The graphics are solid and colored now, but you could probably have
guessed that :-)

jmdavis@ihlpm.ATT.COM (Davis) (12/23/88)

In article <2749@ukecc.engr.uky.edu>, agollum@engr.uky.edu (Kenneth Herron) writes:

> in California I am pleased to announce that Elite will be out for the Amiga
> around the middle of next month!

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! This is one of my 3 favorite games
that I would love to see on the Amiga, 2 others are Ball Blazer (by
Lucas Film Games distributed by EPYX) and Wilderness (by Electric Transit,
distributed by EA) (Lords Of Conquest, M.U.L.E. ok, I like games).

> PS: The graphics are solid and colored now, but you could probably have
> guessed that :-)

In StarGlider 1 for the C/64 I understand that the wireframe was sold
in the manual as a special type of "transparent military imaging system"
which allows you to see objects which would otherwise be occluded by
your opponent. Actually, I like this idea...

For those that don't know, hidden lines in a single object WERE removed,
it is just that you could see other objects behind the one being shown.
(This is a standard graphics technique, write me if interested.)

			Mike Davis ..!att!ihlpm!jmdavis

char*p="char*p=%c%s%c;main(){printf(p,34,p,34);}";main(){printf(p,34,p,34);}

mike@ames.arc.nasa.gov (Mike Smithwick) (12/26/88)

In article <2716@ihlpm.ATT.COM> jmdavis@ihlpm.ATT.COM (Davis) writes:
>YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! This is one of my 3 favorite games
>that I would love to see on the Amiga, 2 others are Ball Blazer (by
                                                     ^^^^^^^^^^^
Actuall Ball Blazer was done for the Amiga, and was demostrated at
BAADG early this year. I don't remember what the story was, but what we saw
was an early version, hacked together in about a month.
I belive that it was done in an attempt to pitch it to Lucas.Films.

<
<--

--
			          *** mike smithwick ***
"Illiterate? Write for free brochure. . ."

[disclaimer : nope, I don't work for NASA, I take full blame for my ideas]