[comp.sys.amiga] Linking with Lattice v5.0

nor1675@dsacg2.UUCP (Michael Figg) (12/19/88)

I have run across a problem with linking with Lattice v5.0. Blink is giving me
an undefined symbol "_CXVFD" in lib:lcnb.lib module name 'upfmt.c'. Since I'm
not sure what DEFINE value it wants after that  I leave it the default '_stub'
The linker then gives me:
Error 510: _IntuitionBase symbol - Reference to unmerged data item,
       try -b0 option on LC
   First Reference in Unit stub.c at offset 000039c4 in file 'lib:lcnb.lib'
   To Unit fadeout.c (my program) at offset 00000014 in file 'fadeout.o'

I am using the -b0 option on the compile but it looks like it is not getting
it. The (otherwise impressive) v5.0 manuals seem to indicate that there are
no changes since v4.0 that would cause v4.0 programs (which 'fadeout.c' is)
not to compile and link under v5.0. My compile and link commands that I have
been using under v4.0 and v5.0 are:

lc -acdb -b0 fadeout
blink lib:c.o, fadeout.o to fd lib lib:lcnb.lib,lib:amiga.lib

As inferred, this program worked fine under v4.0. Any clues as to what I am
doing wrong or do I possibly have a bad library? Thanks!

--
"Better graphics with crayons"                 Michael Figg
Have since switched to oil based paints        DLA Systems Automation Center

scott@applix.UUCP (Scott Evernden) (12/21/88)

In article <243@dsacg2.UUCP> nor1675@dsacg2.UUCP (Michael Figg) writes:
>an undefined symbol "_CXVFD" in lib:lcnb.lib module name 'upfmt.c'. Since I'm

I discovered this myself yesterday.  Unfortunately, I believe the
symbol/routine is simply missing due to some oversight.

While I'm here, these are other probs I've had with (the otherwise great)
Lattice 5.0:

o I always get an "Out of memory" messages from "files" (find clone).
o The "lse" scroll up/down (ctrl-num-8/2) keys don't on my A1000 (keymap?)
o "grep" (maybe others?) doesn't like long argument lists.
o "splat" doesn't seem to handle multiple filenames.

And finally (for Toebes) I maintain that a constant like 500000, even
when compiled -w (16bit ints), should be interpreted as a long.  Lattice
seems to insist on seeing a trailing -L or else truncates such constants
to shorts (with -w compiles).  Is this another ANSI feature??

-scott

nor1675@dsacg2.UUCP (Michael Figg) (12/28/88)

In article <243@dsacg2.UUCP>, nor1675@dsacg2.UUCP (Michael Figg) writes:

> I have run across a problem with linking with Lattice v5.0. Blink is giving me
> an undefined symbol "_CXVFD" in lib:lcnb.lib module name 'upfmt.c'. Since I'm

After posting this same question on the Lattice BBS I got a responce from
them saying that it was indeed a problem with "lcnb.lib". It sounded like it
would be fixed soon.