[comp.sys.amiga] update to "european games", StarRay

dougp@sbphy.ucsb.edu (12/29/88)

I took the game back and exchanged it for another copy. This one
did not work either, so I took it back for a refund. They called
me to tell me that it worked fine on their A500, but it certainly
did not work on my A1000. My guess is that since I bought my A1000
as soon as they were available that I got some of the slower disk
drives. StarRay probably uses its own loader and compleatly ignores
Commodores specs on how to handle the disk drives. I don't think
I will buy any more european software unless I can test it on my
machine.

shimoda@infohh.rmi.de (Markus Schmidt) (12/30/88)

In article <1067@hub.ucsb.edu> dougp@sbphy.ucsb.edu writes:
>I will buy any more european software unless I can test it on my
>machine.

Hi!
I think this ins not an european prboblem, since much any of the
US-Games are somewhat Hard-Copyprotected too-
Btw, here in Europe is the problem that many US-Products do not
recognize that there are others than the US-Keyboards.
Anyhow, I think noone should miss a good program, only becaus
it is from another continent. I think the continent is not the
point when diskussing quality of software.

Cu
Markus
(shimoda@infohh.rmi.DE or shimoda@gopnbg.UUCP)