[comp.sys.amiga] tertis: command now found

sean@ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey) (12/30/88)

There was a game called "tertis" posted a short while back. I unzoo
everything, and type "tertis". My brilliant Amy 1000 (512K and df1:)
says "command not found". Of course, us well informed people, but not
your average user (listening CA???!!!), knows that means "What you tried
to run really isn't a program".

Sigh.

Sean
--
***  Sean Casey                        sean@ms.uky.edu,  sean@ukma.bitnet
***  Who sometimes never learns.       {backbone site|rutgers|uunet}!ukma!sean

kim@uts.amdahl.com (Kim DeVaughn) (12/30/88)

In article <10768@s.ms.uky.edu>, sean@ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey) writes:
> There was a game called "tertis" posted a short while back. I unzoo
> everything, and type "tertis". My brilliant Amy 1000 (512K and df1:)
> says "command not found". Of course, us well informed people, but not
> your average user (listening CA???!!!), knows that means "What you tried
> to run really isn't a program".
>
> Sigh.

I noticed that "tertis" was an odd number of bytes long inside the .zoo
file and told Bob about it.  It seems to have been corrupted between the
submitter, and Bob.  Perhaps the submitter could send Bob a fresh copy ...?

/kim

--
UUCP:  kim@amdahl.amdahl.com
  or:  {sun,decwrl,hplabs,pyramid,uunet,oliveb,ames}!amdahl!kim

wen@husc4.HARVARD.EDU (A. Wen) (12/30/88)

I'll look into it straightaway.  And you didn't believe in the line
eater! :-)

A. Wen          wen@husc4.HARVARD.EDU  wen@husc4.BITNET  {seismo!harvard!husc4}

peter@sugar.uu.net (Peter da Silva) (12/30/88)

In article <10768@s.ms.uky.edu>, sean@ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey) writes that
"command not found" is a poor way of saying "What you tried to run really
isn't a program".

> Sigh.

Odd. When I typed "tertis" I got:

Unable to load tertis: file is not an object module

Well, anyway, I'd rather just get a copy of tertis that IS an object module.
--
Peter "Have you hugged your wolf today" da Silva  `-_-'  Hackercorp.
...texbell!sugar!peter, or peter@sugar.uu.net      'U`

davidc@revolver.gatech.edu (Dave Corbin) (12/30/88)

The program was not "tertis".  (at least none that I've seen).  I did however,
submit a program called Tetrix.  I have not heard of there being a problem with
the .zoo file.  Also, please note that version 1.1 was released about 1 week
after the initial version.
David Corbin

sean@ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey) (12/31/88)

In article <3180@sugar.uu.net> peter@sugar.uu.net (Peter da Silva) writes:
>In article <10768@s.ms.uky.edu>, sean@ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey) writes that
>"command not found" is a poor way of saying "What you tried to run really
>isn't a program".

>Odd. When I typed "tertis" I got:
>Unable to load tertis: file is not an object module

Humph!!!!

What am I doing wrong then? I'm running Shell3.01A, originally by
Matt Dillon (thanks matt). Would that have anything to do with it?

Sean