[comp.sys.amiga] LAZARUS virus !?!?

packer@a.cs.wvu.wvnet.edu (Mike Packer) (12/31/88)

	I have recently stumbled on to a disk that has something (virus)
called LAZARUS.  I would like to know if anyone has a virus detector or
killer that can handle this.  The virus detectors/killers that I have
now do not seem to handle this and they only seem to handle the SCA virus.

	I would greatly appreciate any information on the virus and
how to rid myself of this so that my disk will once again live a healthy
and happy life.

USMAIL:	318 Knapp Hall, WVU, Morgantown, WV 26506
PHONE:	304 293-3607
INTERNET : packer@a.cs.wvu.wvnet.edu
USENET:  {allegra,bellcore,ihpn4!cadre,decvax!idis,psuvax1}!pitt!wvucsa!packer

me128-aw@kepler.Berkeley.EDU (me128 student) (01/02/89)

In article <202@h.cs.wvu.wvnet.edu> packer@a.cs.wvu.wvnet.edu (Mike Packer) writes:

>	I have recently stumbled on to a disk that has something (virus)
>called LAZARUS.  I would like to know if anyone has a virus detector or
>killer that can handle this.  The virus detectors/killers that I have
>now do not seem to handle this and they only seem to handle the SCA virus.

Could this have anything to do with Diskdoctor, which titles your disk
Lazurus if it's seriously f*cked up?

-Vince Lee

bjc@pollux.UUCP (Betty J. Clay) (01/03/89)

In article <202@h.cs.wvu.wvnet.edu> packer@a.cs.wvu.wvnet.edu (Mike Packer) writes:

>	I have recently stumbled on to a disk that has something (virus)
>called LAZARUS.  I would like to know if anyone has a virus detector or
>killer that can handle this.  The virus detectors/killers that I have
>now do not seem to handle this and they only seem to handle the SCA virus.

That is no virus! You have used DiskDoctor on a disk that had a bad root

block.  When DiskDoctor can't read the name of the disk, it renames it
as Lazarus - indicating a resurrected disk.

Betty