[comp.sys.amiga] Optical mouse

paquette@cpsc.ucalgary.ca (Trevor Paquette) (01/04/89)

In article <10236@gryphon.COM>, hrlaser@pnet02.cts.com (Harv Laser) writes:
> zlhb0a@apctrc.uucp (Lawrence H. Brown) writes:
> >Harv, go ahead and tell us about the mouse.

  ... stuff deleted..
> paperwork inside them: none.  The bottom of the mouse indicates it was
> mfd by "MSC Technologies Inc. (Mouse Systems)" of Fremont CA. It's
> model M4 and has an FCC ID certification statement. A sticker on the
> outer box says "some contents made or assembled in Singapore, Mexico,
> Taiwan or HOng Kong as marked."
>
> I bought it at Creative Computers, Lawndale, CA. They run ads in
> AmigaWorld and such.
>
> Harv Laser, Sysop, The People/Link AmigaZone.  Plink: CBM*HARV
> UUCP: {ames!elroy, <backbone>}!gryphon!pnet02!hrlaser
> INET: hrlaser@pnet02.cts.com
> <---open            Push down while turning           close tightly--->

  I just happened to be reading this from a sun 3/60 and looked at the
underside of the optical mouse that was right beside me. Well well..
It is made by Mouse Systems and is model M4..

   This is what it all says
          Made in Singapore for MSC Technologies, Inc.
MOUSE           SANTA CLARA, CA 95051
 SYSTEMS        U.S. Pat.4364035,4546347
   LOGO         Model M4

Then it has some stuff about machine type and FCC regs..
    This is a VERY nice mouse. It measures about 2" x 3 1/2" x 3/4".
The mirrored pad is about 10" x 8". Under the mouse there is two sensors. One
is red light the other is infra-red. The red light detects sideways movement
the infra-red detects up/down. The pad is tiled with fine blue-lines. This
'breaks' the light detections and hence is regarded as movement in one unit.
The finer the mesh on the pad the more 'movement' is detected.
   Does anyone out there have any idea on cost on these things?

      Trev
Trevor Paquette/GraphicsLand, Calgary, Alberta
UUCP: uunet!{ubc-cs,utai,alberta}!calgary!paquette       ICBM:51 03 N/114 05 W
                 Luminous beings we are, not this crude matter