[comp.sys.amiga] Help needed with crufty MetaCompost Macro Assembler

gay%elde.epfl.ch@cunyvm.cuny.edu (David Gay) (01/03/89)

"Ethan R. Dicks" <erd@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> writes:
>I have been trying to write an exec.device, and have hit the stops on the
>assembler.  I have the MetaCompost assembler, v 10.178.  When I try and
>compile the C-A sample exec.device, from the WB1.1 RKM Appendix F, the
>assembler complains about running out of workspace.  HOW DO I INCREASE THE
>AMOUNT OF WORKSPACE?  The "AmigaDOG developer's manual" is less than helpful

This one bit me once too, however after a little experimentation, I found
that you can say
assem -c Wxxx <rest of command line>

Note the space after the -c, and the absence of one after the W.

>with regard to operation of the assembler.  There is one command option which
>the assembler reports in the .key string which is not documented in my
>assembler docs: 'E'  What does the -e flag do on the command line?
>
>--
>Ethan R. Dicks       | ######  This signifies that the poster is a member in
>Software Results Corp|   ##    good sitting of Inertia House: Bodies at rest.
>940 Freeway Drive N. |   ##
>Columbus OH    43229 | ######  "You get it, you're closer.

David Gay              Another mad amigan
GAY@ELDE.EPFL.CH,or GAY%ELDE.EPFL.CH@CEARN.bitnet

"Ethan R. Dicks" <erd@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> writes:
>I have been trying to write an exec.device, and have hit the stops on the
>assembler.  I have the MetaCompost assembler, v 10.178.  When I try and
>compile the C-A sample exec.device, from the WB1.1 RKM Appendix F, the
>assembler complains about running out of workspace.  HOW DO I INCREASE THE
>AMOUNT OF WORKSPACE?  The "AmigaDOG developer's manual" is less than helpful

Check out the entry in the Amigados manual under Assem. Nothing like scattering
the docs all over the place.

-larry

--
Frisbeetarianism: The belief that when you die, your soul goes up on
                  the roof and gets stuck.