[comp.sys.amiga] Three big warnings about

In <24163@sgi.SGI.COM>, scotth@harlie.SGI.COM (Scott Henry) writes:
>From article <33990@bbn.COM>, by denbeste@bbn.com (Steven Den Beste):
>>
>> I just got through downloading "RGB" from the binaries group, and there are
>> three big warnings, which I'll give to you in rising order of importance:

>> [... warnings deleted ...]

>I guess, our comp.{source,binaries}.amiga moderator needs to check out
>animations somewhat more thoroughly than other  binaries... :-). Or at least
>post a warning in clear about the poosible requirement of a PAL Amiga for
>these animations.

  Well, along with the two very large animations that Bob posted, he asked the
net if posting animations was appropriate.

  That one (or both) of them would not run is really secondary. A corrupt file
can happene to anyone. It is, however, Bob's question to the net that caught my
eye. I don't think animations are suitable for posted material. A movie
_player_, a song _player_, or any other animation/graphic/sound _tool_ are, i
feel appropriate, but I really don't think the output of these tools is
appropriate. If it were, would it mean that the output of a word processor was
appropriate material for the net? ("Look, here's a short story about dogs that
I wrote with Word Perfect.")

  Bob, consider this a vote for no animations.

-larry

--
Frisbeetarianism: The belief that when you die, your soul goes up on
                  the roof and gets stuck.