[comp.sys.amiga] Programs and Postscript

paquette@cpsc.ucalgary.ca (Trevor Paquette) (01/06/89)

  Does anyone know of ANY spreadsheet that can dump charts in postscript
format? With the number of laserprinters out there that have postscript
you;d think that more business/paint programs would use it...
  What type of support is there for postscript for the Amiga?

      Trev
Trevor Paquette/GraphicsLand, Calgary, Alberta
UUCP: uunet!{ubc-cs,utai,alberta}!calgary!paquette       ICBM:51 03 N/114 05 W
                 Luminous beings we are, not this crude matter

richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) (01/07/89)

In article <449@cs-spool.calgary.UUCP> paquette@cpsc.ucalgary.ca (Trevor Paquette) writes:

>  Does anyone know of ANY spreadsheet that can dump charts in postscript
>format? With the number of laserprinters out there that have postscript
>you;d think that more business/paint programs would use it...

Yup. You'd think that.

>  What type of support is there for postscript for the Amiga?

Miserable. Propage is the only thing I've found that does a very good
job. I've heard excellence is ok, but I havnt tried it. Shakespear
seems to have missed the PS boat altogether, as their PS driver
just plain, flat out, DOESNT WORK. And not some fancy concoction
of a deranged users mind, I mean their own examples DO NOT WORK.

As for PS drawing tools, until gold disk comes out with their
Adobe Illustrator clone, there really are none.

Sure you could use A-Draw from Aegis ans use scott anthonys
commercial product to convert the output to PS, but the problem
remains that to mke full use of the PS printer, the draw programme
has to know about the nuances of PS.

For example: lines. Your friend and mine. Now, while many draw

programs will let you to a great extent controll parameters of
a line such as width, colour, linepattern, only a draw program
FOR postscript is going to let you specify LINECAP, LINEJOIN,
etc.

--
                              Hotel USENET
richard@gryphon.COM   {...}!gryphon!richard   gryphon!richard@elroy.jpl.nasa.gov