[comp.sys.amiga] what is uxe?

jmoore@dtix.arpa (Jim Moore) (01/09/89)

I have seen a few references to "uxe" as a host for source/binaries.
It is not in my host table...  Can someone please
tell me what it is?  And where are the comp.amiga (other than
j.cc.purdue.edu)?

   Thanks.
   Jim Moore

   Then Navy sinks ships, I have opinions.

-------

tadguy@cs.odu.edu (Tad Guy) (01/09/89)

In article <6359@louie.udel.EDU>, jmoore@dtix (Jim Moore) writes:
>I have seen a few references to "uxe" as a host for source/binaries.
>Can someone please tell me what it is?

It's UXE.CSO.UIUC.EDU [128.174.5.54].  It supports anonymous ftp.

>It is not in my host table...

Host table?  You still use a host table?  Get a name server.  I'm
surprised you haven't encountered problems like this already.

	...tad

--
Tad Guy         <tadguy@cs.odu.edu>     Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA

jmoore@dtix.arpa (Jim Moore) (01/09/89)

Thanks for the response folks!!!  Got maybe 5-8 messages
on this.  Some good stuff, I'm trying to get Matt Dillon;s
Dnet stuff up and running now.

BTW, anyone have any reccomendations on hard disks for a 1000?

   Jim Moore
   I have opinions, the Navy sinks anything they can find.
-------