[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga Portables was/Re: Death of the 1000

eberger@godot.psc.edu (Ed Berger) (01/10/89)

Expires:
In article <2114@van-bc.UUCP> lphillips@lpami.wimsey.bc.ca (Larry Phillips) writes:
>  I don't know about people at Commodore, but a fellow who livs in Bahrain is
>currently trying to put an A500 into an SX-64 box (for those that are
>unfamiliar with it, an SX-64 is a portable 64, with 5" colour screen and space
>for a couple of 5 1/4" floppy drives). He says it is coming along fine. He has
>found a nice little 5" JVC monitor that can display 80 column text readably in
>composite mode, can be hacked to do analog RGB, and is now searching for the
>ideal HD solution.

Sony makes a nice 5" portable TV with Video Input, that could be used as a monitor for a portable Amiga.  I'd like to see a PD project written up in Transactor
like this...  You could use a generic portables case, if you figure out how to
have stereo...

>--
>Frisbeetarianism: The belief that when you die, your soul goes up on
>                  the roof and gets stuck.

Peanut-Butter
Frisbeetarianism:  The belief that when you die, your soul goes up on
                   the roof of your mouth and gets stuck.

--
Ed Berger						eberger@cpwpsca.bitnet
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center		..!uunet!godot.psc.edu!eberger