[comp.sys.amiga] Help! Software crashing for unknown reason!!!

barrett@ektools.UUCP (Chris Barrett) (01/06/89)

Help!  I'm having problems with Deluxe Music, Deluxe Paint, and a few
others.  I am getting software task held errors relating to invalid
address, unaligned instruction type errors running these programs for some
reason.  I have 2.5 Mb of RAM, 70Mb hard drive, GOMF 3.0, AREXX, WSHELL,
CONMAN 1.3 running and I keep getting these errors.  I just started getting
them after a week or so after adding GOMF and WSHELL, has any one else had
any problems like this?  Any Ideas to try?  Thanks for any help.

Chris

rochester!kodak!ektools!barrett
barrett@ektools

ali@polya.Stanford.EDU (Ali T. Ozer) (01/08/89)

In article <1673@ektools.UUCP> barrett@ektools.UUCP (Chris Barrett) writes:
>Help!  I'm having problems with Deluxe Music, Deluxe Paint, and a few
>others.  I am getting software task held errors relating to invalid
>address, unaligned instruction type errors running these programs for some
>reason.  I have 2.5 Mb of RAM, 70Mb hard drive, GOMF 3.0, AREXX, WSHELL,
>CONMAN 1.3 running and I keep getting these errors.

SetFont 2.0 was the cause of many strange GURUs for several people.
Do you run it in your startup-sequence or your shell-startup? I've seen
it cause programs like DPaint, DMCS, and Director to crash in strange
ways on exit.

If the problem is SetFont related try to get SetFont 2.5. (I believe
you also get source in C++ as a bonus!)

Ali Ozer

barrett@ektools.UUCP (Chris Barrett) (01/10/89)

In article <5940@polya.Stanford.EDU> ali@polya.Stanford.EDU (Ali T. Ozer) writes:
>SetFont 2.0 was the cause of many strange GURUs for several people.
>Do you run it in your startup-sequence or your shell-startup? I've seen
>it cause programs like DPaint, DMCS, and Director to crash in strange
>ways on exit.

No, unfortunately in this case, I don't have SetFont running,  I have also
tried setting the stack from 32000 to 100000 with no success.  I have
since created another startup-sequence specifically for DPaint and DMCS that
doesn't startup AREXX and uses GOMF 2.2, this works, but I still can't figure
out why I still get the crashes with my normal startup-sequence.  I still
have about 350K of chip and 1.4M of fast RAM when trying to run these so I
don't think memory is an issue.  Any other ideas???

Thanks,