[comp.sys.amiga] Sculpt3d

amiguy@pnet01.CTS.COM (Sean Wolfe) (09/23/87)

I've got a small problem with my sprites, and maybe someone knows the cause.
When I run programs like Sproing! or PacMan87 instead of just the normal
sprites, tall verticle lines attatched to the sprite appear along with some
garbage that move along with the sprites.  They are just "flaked out."
They function fine as far as the play of the program, and the same programs
run fine on other peoples machines.
Does anyone know if the problem is bad hardware or what (?)
Thank's in advance.
AmiGuy

UUCP: {cbosgd, hplabs!hp-sdd, sdcsvax, nosc}!crash!pnet01!amiguy
ARPA: crash!pnet01!amiguy@nosc.mil
INET: amiguy@pnet01.CTS.COM

>I've got a small problem with my sprites, and maybe someone knows the cause.
>When I run programs like Sproing! or PacMan87 instead of just the normal
>sprites, tall verticle lines attatched to the sprite appear along with some
>garbage that move along with the sprites.  They are just "flaked out."
>They function fine as far as the play of the program, and the same programs
>run fine on other peoples machines.
>Does anyone know if the problem is bad hardware or what (?)
>Thank's in advance.
>AmiGuy

	If you are using morerows (or whatever) to get an overscan workbench,
sprites have problems even when they are in their own screen (which might be
at normal resolution)... at least that's what it seems to be.  I think it is
due to the fact that many people shifted their workbench screen left when they
made it bigger.

	To get Pacman87 to work properly, I had to go back to a normal 640x200
workbench (and recenter the screen via preferences).  A partial fix might be
to simply shift the overscan screen to the right some via preferences....
until you 'loose' the rightmost 30-40 pixels.

					-Matt

king@dciem.UUCP (Stephen King) (09/30/87)

In article <1758@crash.CTS.COM> amiguy@pnet01.CTS.COM (Sean Wolfe) writes:
>I've got a small problem with my sprites, and maybe someone knows the cause.
>When I run programs like Sproing! or PacMan87 instead of just the normal
>sprites, tall verticle lines attatched to the sprite appear along with some
>garbage that move along with the sprites.  They are just "flaked out."

I've had this problem too, but with MindWalker. I found that re-booting the
machine usually fixed it. Then my workbench disc got smashed. The problem
has not reappeared since I recreated a useable WorkBench 1.1 (MW won't
run on 1.2 with expanded memory).			....sjk

--
 * Defence & Civil Institute *		...!utzoo!dciem!king
 * of Environmental Medicine *		Stephen J King

rickfor@ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM (Rick Forrest) (12/08/88)

Thanks to Harv Laser, Ken Baer, and Rob Silvers for replying to my earlier
post about animation from Sculpt3d (NOT using Animate3d).  I've been able
to use MakeANIM to compress 26 12K frames to an ~80K ANIM file.  I have
a few more questions, though.

anyone know how to:
1. move the crosshairs to the centroid of an object, so
that I can rotate it without the darn thing translating?
2. move the observer (so i can zoom), or move the target (so i can pan) from
within a script file?
3. could Harv or someone please mail me the file of magic numbers and what they
do?
4. could someone mail me, or point me to a source of, some PD Sculpt objects?
Rick Forrest

rickfor@ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM (Rick Forrest) (01/10/89)

Sorry to post this, but I can't seem to get through via mail.

Ranjit Bhatnagar <ranjit@eniac.seas.upenn.edu> sent me mail describing
how to move the observer and the target within a script file in Sculpt 3D.
Notice - not _4D_ and not Sculpt Animate 3D.  What I'm trying to do here
is save memory for rendering not to mention a 100 bucks. Anyway he said to
put the following undocumented commands in the script file to move the
observer and the target, respectively.

This will not work for me.  If anyone, including Ranjit has a script file
in which this works, I would greatly appreciate receiving it in the mail.