[comp.sys.amiga] No sound on my Bridgeboard

ray@stevie.cs.unlv.edu (Ray Tripamer) (01/06/89)

I noticed there's no sound from MS-DOS programs on my bridgeboard.
The "play" and "sound" commands from GW-BASIC don't produce any sound,
either.  There's nothing in the manual about this.

Do I need a board with a speaker, or should sound come through
the Amiga monitor?

Ray Tripamer
ray@jimi.cs.unlv.edu

artw@pnet01.cts.com (Art Weiss) (01/07/89)

     There are 2 pins on the upper edge of the Bridgeboard (easily accessible)
for connecting a speaker. Refer to back of the Bridgeboard manual for the
exact location. I used a tiny 8 ohm speaker which you can get from places like
Radio Shack. The best place to mount the speaker is in the space just behind
the A-2000's plastic faceplate.

                                                   ...Art

manes@xanth.cs.odu.edu (Mark Manes) (01/07/89)

In article <1023@jimi.cs.unlv.edu> ray@jimi.cs.unlv.edu (Ray Tripamer) writes:
>I noticed there's no sound from MS-DOS programs on my bridgeboard.
>The "play" and "sound" commands from GW-BASIC don't produce any sound,
>either.  There's nothing in the manual about this.
>
>Do I need a board with a speaker, or should sound come through
>the Amiga monitor?

There are two pins near the top of the bridgecard (fairly sure that is
where they are)  I understand you can hook a speaker to them.

>--
>Ray Tripamer
>ray@jimi.cs.unlv.edu

Mark D. Manes                                          "In Amiga We Trust"
Programmer of Fortune, have compiler will travel

"Only Amiga makes it Possible, but with 1 meg its hell!"

bjh@mtgzz.att.com (b.j.hudson) (01/10/89)

> >I noticed there's no sound from MS-DOS programs on my bridgeboard.

Is there anywhere to connect a speaker on a Sidecar ?   att!mtgzz!bjh ...BJ

daveh@cbmvax.UUCP (Dave Haynie) (01/10/89)

in article <3674@crash.cts.com>, artw@pnet01.cts.com (Art Weiss) says:

>      There are 2 pins on the upper edge of the Bridgeboard (easily accessible)
> for connecting a speaker. Refer to back of the Bridgeboard manual for the
> exact location. I used a tiny 8 ohm speaker which you can get from places like
> Radio Shack. The best place to mount the speaker is in the space just behind
> the A-2000's plastic faceplate.

>                                                    ...Art

It's also possible to run the signal pin (not sure which one of the two it
is, but the other's ground, so you can't really do any harm) to the Audio
In pin on the internal serial connector of your A2000.  That's pin 6 of
CN304 on a B2000.  This will mix the PC audio with you Amiga audio.  If
you're a purist, this may annoy you (not sure how clean the PC audio is
likely to be), but if you're just running sound through a monitor, it works
fine.
--
Dave Haynie  "The 32 Bit Guy"     Commodore-Amiga  "The Crew That Never Rests"
   {uunet|pyramid|rutgers}!cbmvax!daveh      PLINK: D-DAVE H     BIX: hazy

artw@pnet01.cts.com (Art Weiss) (01/11/89)

   Too bad I didn't know about that solution. I don't have my A-2000 anymore
so I can't try it. But having the sound come out of the Amiga's monitor seems
like the nicest way to do it.

                                                       ...Art