[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga Keyboards

admiral%m-5@Sun.COM (Michael Limprecht SUN Microsystems Mt. View Ca.) (01/11/89)

I,ve never been crazy about the A1000 keyboard and now that
i'm trying to write some longer code .....

We'll, the feel is just wrong.

Are there any alternatives to the A1000 keyboard out there?
I've thought about a terminal through AUX: but that might be
a pain.

Any ideas helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Mick

Is it true what I hear? That computers use humans to
reproduce themselves??

In <84651@sun.uucp>, admiral%m-5@Sun.COM
   (Michael Limprecht SUN Microsystems Mt. View Ca.) writes:
> I,ve never been crazy about the A1000 keyboard and now that
> i'm trying to write some longer code .....
>
> We'll, the feel is just wrong.

Personally, I rather like the A1000 keyboard, but ...

> Are there any alternatives to the A1000 keyboard out there?
> I've thought about a terminal through AUX: but that might be
> a pain.

Yes. The A2000 keyboard. All it needs is an adapter for the cable end.
A local dealer has made a few of these, and the 2000 keyboard works fine
on the 1000.

> Any ideas helpful.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Mick

-larry

--
Frisbeetarianism: The belief that when you die, your soul goes up on
                  the roof and gets stuck.

ins_adjb@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Daniel Jay Barrett) (01/14/89)

>In <84651@sun.uucp>, admiral%m-5@Sun.COM
>   (Michael Limprecht SUN Microsystems Mt. View Ca.) writes:
>> Are there any alternatives to the A1000 keyboard out there?
>> I've thought about a terminal through AUX: but that might be
>> a pain.

	C.Ltd. makes 3 different replacement keyboards.  I don't know
if they are A2000 only or also support the A1000.  C.Ltd. can be
reached at (316) 267-0202.

	C-101a:		Standard Amiga keyboard layout.
			101 tactile click-stop keys
			(Includes 18 dedicated "macro" keys.)
	C-101i:		Like C-101a, but uses standard IBM keyboard layout,
			and emulation of IBM keys.
	C-101c:		A C-101a with 18 additional PROGRAMMABLE "macro"
			keys.

Prices listed in COMPUTER MART's catalog (800-443-8236, a nice reliable
mail-order company) are $98, $98, and *126, respectively.

	I have no relation to C.Ltd. or Computer Mart.

--
Dan Barrett	ins_adjb@jhunix.UUCP			UUCP
		barrett@cs.jhu.edu	(128.220.13.4)	ARPA

In article <2140@van-bc.UUCP>, lphillips@lpami.wimsey.bc.ca (Larry Phillips) writes:
> > Are there any alternatives to the A1000 keyboard out there?
> > I've thought about a terminal through AUX: but that might be
> > a pain.
>
> Yes. The A2000 keyboard. All it needs is an adapter for the cable end.
> A local dealer has made a few of these, and the 2000 keyboard works fine
> on the 1000.

 Say, I would like to do something like that! could you find out what
kind of adaptor it is , where to get it and how to hook it up? the
pinouts and such? The Information would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks..

   John Sparks   // Amiga  |  corpane : sparks@corpane
      a.k.a    \X/  UUCP   |  blitter : john@blitter (preferred; path below)
     RedHawk               |  {rutgers|uunet}!ukma!corpane!disk!blitter!john
 (Realm's 1st Astronaut)   |  >> call D.I.S.K. @ 502/968-5401 thru -5406 <<

Ye Quote:
186,000 miles per second: it's not just a good idea, it's the law.

gmg@hcx.uucp (Greg M. Garner) (01/14/89)

In article <84651@sun.uucp>, admiral%m-5@Sun.COM (Michael Limprecht SUN Microsystems Mt. View Ca.) writes:
> I,ve never been crazy about the A1000 keyboard and now that
> i'm trying to write some longer code .....
>
> We'll, the feel is just wrong.
>
> Are there any alternatives to the A1000 keyboard out there?

C-ltd has a keyboard replacement for the amiga 1000 and 2000. I think their
price is about 100 clams, but you should call them and ask them about it. I
think they have two versions. They can be reached at

 C-Ltd 316-267-3807

Good Luck!

  Greg Garner
  501-442-4847